Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti says it is ‘clear’ that the club will not make a move for Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling given the amount of attacking talent already available at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Sterling has been linked with a transfer to Real Madrid as his meteoric rise continues, with the Champions League winners reported to have been impressed by excellent performances for Liverpool over the past year.
But it would now appear that Liverpool supporters will be able to rest easy with Sterling close to agreeing a £100,000-per-week contract and Ancelotti claiming he has no interest in bringing the 19-year-old to Madrid.
“Sterling is a player of great quality, certainly one of the best in Europe. But we already have extraordinary talent here,” Ancelotti said, as reported by The Sun on Sunday.
“Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo are still young.
“And we have a talent here called Jese who is even younger.
“He is injured at the moment but already last year he has done things that are extraordinary.
“So to think of another striker for the Real Madrid attack is really extremely difficult.
“It’s clear that Sterling is not in our plans.”
Chelsea have also been credited with an interest in Sterling, to the tune of a quite enormous £48 million, but he is prepared to commit his long-term future to Liverpool, where he will earn a significant pay hike.
It was reported earlier this month that Jose Mourinho had identified Sterling as a target for the Stamford Bridge club, but the teenager is on the very of following Daniel Sturridge by putting pen to paper on a lucrative new deal.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms