Didier Drogba has dropped the biggest hint yet that his stay at Chelsea this time will finish at the end of the season, after commenting that he had just one year to make history.
The big Ivorian returned to Stamford Bridge after leaving Galatasaray this summer, but he’s behind both Diego Costa and Loic Remy in the pecking order.
Recent speculation has inferred that he will be replaced by rising Brazilian star Anderson Talisca if Jose Mourinho gets his way, though it remains to be seen whether the money will be stumped up to make a deal possible.
The youngster is said to be worth as much as £40m, and though Roman Abramovich has spent handsomely over the years he will be reluctant to invest so much on a commodity that is relatively untested at the highest level.
Ashley Cole to United?
On a slightly different front it appears another Chelsea hero could be returning to the Premier League, but to join Manchester United. It’s said Ashley Cole is in line to be replaced at AS Roma, and that Louis van Gaal wants his experience at the back.
- Schalke eye Andre Schurrle to replace Julian Draxler
- Jose Mourinho must conduct January clear-out of Chelsea squad
- Kalidou Koulibaly scouted by Manchester United and Chelsea
The move in question would certainly fall down the controversial side of the defence, given that Cole has been a fan favourite with both Arsenal and Chelsea in the past, but that won't stop Van Gaal if he feels that it will improve his side's chances of gaining a Champions League place.
At the moment an injury crisis has left the Dutchman's defence in tatters, and with Cole said to be struggling to settle into life in Italy a quick return to England could be on the cards.
- Chelsea have sent scouts to watch Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly this season, and could make a move for him in January despite the fact he's new to Serie A. The 23-year-old only moved from Genk this summer, but has impressed with his performances to date.
- Liverpool legend John Aldridge has revealed that he would love to see Chelsea star Diego Costa in a red shirt on Merseyside, questioning why the Spain international didn't move to Anfield when he had the chance two years ago.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms