Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that Mohamed Salah will not be leaving the club in January.
The Egyptian winger has played a bit-part role for the Blues since arriving back in January, appearing ten times in the Premier League last season but just twice so far this term under 'the Special One'.
He did appear in the Champions League clash against Sporting Lisbon on Wednesday night though, and impressed in the victory. And, Chelsea fans will have more chances to see him play in the future as he isn't leaving in the first month of the New Year.
"Salah is our player, he is a player we like and a player we trust," Mourinho told reporters when asked about the player's future by an Egyptian journalist.
"He is a player in our squad and he is going nowhere. He doesn’t go for sure. Maybe he moves house, but not club!"
Salah moved to England from Basel, where he made his name winning the Swiss Super League and impressed in the Champions League - notably against English sides.
That persuaded Chelsea to pay a fee close to £11million for the 22-year-old, but the jury is still out over whether it was a good investment and he will hope to prove himself at Stamford Bridge when the chances come his way.
Also in his press conference, Mourinho said the Blues will 'trust' Cesc Fabregas' replacement this weekend, with the Spaniard out of the clash against Hull through suspension.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms