In partnership with the NFL in the UK


Jimmy Haslam denies rumours of Browns and Titans swap deal

Published Add your comment

Football News

Today saw the emergence of one of the weirdest NFL related rumours in the past decade or so, to say the least.

According to Jason La Canfora of, Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has a huge interest in becoming the owner of his home-state team, the Tennessee Titans. But to make that happen there would have to be a trade. A trade of franchises. 

Titans-Browns Swap Deal

The Titans have been in the market for a new owner after longtime owner Bud Adams sadly passed away in 2013 and, according to La Canfora, when the sale of the Titans actually comes about, Haslam will step up and offer the trade.

No Chance

The Browns however have come out and completely denied this rumour, calling it baseless and untrue, according to Mary Kay Cabot of 

"It's 100% false,'' a Browns spokesman told Northeast Ohio Media Group. "There is no truth to the careless speculation from the reporter.''

LaCanfora quoted one source who deals with ownership groups as saying, "Don't ignore the possibility of a swap with the Browns when that time comes.'' Haslam, who is scheduled to meet with a small group of Browns reporters on Tuesday, has not yet commented on the article himself.

Haslam purchased 70% of the Browns from Randy Lerner in 2012 for $1.05 billion, and is apparently set to purchase the other 30% in 2016. 

You can probably chalk this one up as a story for the never, ever, not in a million years, pile. When the writer of an article is calling the possibility of it happening "bizarre" "remote"  and "ultimately, probably impossible", you can tell that he doesn't believe in his own story and is trying to do his best to stop the ultimately inevitable mockery that is directed their way.

Haslam will now go back to things that are actually happening to his franchise, like a quarterback in rehab and a star wide receiver being suspended for a minimum of one whole year. Huh, maybe things would be easier in Tennessee.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:

Cleveland Browns

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport - NFL Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again