GiveMeSport is looking to hire one talented staff writer to join the US sports editorial team in London - and it could be you!
With more than 20 million visits in the month of May, GiveMeSport is one of the UK's biggest commercial sports publishers.
As part of a 10-strong full-time editorial team, you will have a specific focus on all things US sport.
We're planning to maintain our current coverage of the NFL, NBA, MMA, UFC and WWE - and we want to invest in the best young sports writers to make it happen.
Located in our central London office, the new US sports writer will produce up-to-the-minute content based around games and events taking place in the United States through the week.
We're talking news, features and opinion on LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Peyton Manning, Alexander Ovechkin and the rest of the stars who compete on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
WWE is also a rapidly growing part of GiveMeSport's editorial production, so you'll need to know your babyfaces from your heels, your pop up powerbombs from your tombstone pile drivers.
The US editorial team works on a rota basis, with two shifts through the day - one between 10:30am - 7pm and another from 2:30pm-11pm, so you must be prepared to work late through the evening covering the Eastern Time Zone.
The position also involves some weekend work, also on a rota basis, and candidates who are flexible on availability are preferred.
As part of the GMS team, you'll also get the opportunity to apply for, and attend, US sports fixtures on UK soil - events like the NFL London International Series at Wembley Stadium and the NBA International Games at the O2 Arena.
Last year we had reporters at all three London NFL games, the pre-game press conferences and the open training sessions.
The full job specification is as follows...
Sports New Media is looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic US sports journalist to join the vibrant writing team at GiveMeSport. The website is one of the largest online commercial sports publishers in the UK, with a monthly readership in excess of 20million.
GiveMeSport is a dedicated, hard-working team that runs from an office in central London, and we’re looking to add a passionate individual with a vast knowledge of a variety of US sports, with particular interest in the NFL, NBA and WWE.
Applicants are required to have formal sport journalism training (recent graduates are encouraged to apply), a sharp eye for detail and the ability to manage time effectively.
Prospective candidates will also have:
- Experience using a Content Management System
- A portfolio of work including online/newspaper reports & interviews
- Demonstrable knowledge of using social media platforms, including Facebook & Twitter, to increase reader engagement
- Knowledge of Google Analytics & SEO best practice
- Expert knowledge of NFL and NBA, and a strong interest in WWE, MMA and UFC (WWE essential, MMA and UFC not mandatory but preferred)
- Experience presenting to camera and writing scripts (not essential but beneficial)
The applicant will also be expected to complete the following tasks:
- Create high volumes of news content on a daily basis
- Attend US sporting events held in London to create content on behalf of the website
- Work weekends on a rota basis
- Meet individual and team targets based on a variety of Key Performance Indicators
If you think this sounds like something you would be interested in, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.comNews Now - Sport News