Everton have officially announced that attacker Kevin Mirallas has signed a contract extension with the club, taking his deal up to 2018.
The 27-year-old has put pen to paper on a fresh three-year contract.
The Belgium international had been the subject of transfer speculation this summer and was linked with a move to Tottenham and West Ham.
BECOME A WRITER
Do you have what it takes? Sign up today and send over your 250 word test article: https://gms.to/haveyoursay3
Speaking to EvertonTV after confirming the deal he said: "I’m very happy to sign. I’ve signed at Everton to win a trophy. I’m at a good team and I can continue my performances here.
“Now I am very happy because I can concentrate on my team and our future, starting with the Premier League tomorrow.”
"My goal is to help the team and our objectives are to aim as high as we can. This is a club that wants to win trophies and compete in European competition and the fans could not be more supportive in helping us to achieve these goals."
Good news for Everton
Mirallas, 27, signed from Olympiakos in 2012 and has impressed in midfield for the Toffees under Roberto Martinez.
Mirallas has scored 29 goals in 85 starts and 25 substitute appearances for the Toffees, including 11 goals in 24 starts last season.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez said: "We all know the goalscoring threat and talent that Kevin brings and it was very important to end the uncertainty regarding the next step in his career."
The Belgian follows James McCarthy is signing a new deal after the latter having committed himself to a five-year extension on Thursday.
Everton begin their Premier League campaign with a home tie against Watford on Saturday, determined to get off to a good start after last season's poor league performance.