Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has confirmed striker Divock Origi will not be leaving the club on loan this season.
The Belgian forward has made a slow start to his Anfield career after returning from a loan spell at Lille, but Rodgers says this campaign is about the forward 'adapting'.
The 20-year-old has been limited to three appearances in all competitions - only one coming from the start - and has failed to score.
BECOME A WRITER
Do you have what it takes? Sign up today and send over your 250 word test article: https://gms.to/haveyoursay3
His cause has not been helped by the return of Daniel Sturridge and the signings of Danny Ings and Christian Benteke over the summer - and rumours suggested he could leave Merseyside on another temporary deal.
However, the Northern Irish manager said, as per the Mirror: “No, not at this stage. He had his loan period last year.
“This year is about him coming in and adapting. We’ll review where he’s at at the end of the season.”
The Belgian international appears to be limited to Europa League and Capital One Cup appearances - maybe the odd Premier League game off the bench - and will have to make the most of his sparse opportunities to impress his manager.
Having fallen below expectation in Ligue 1 last season it seemed unlikely the forward could force his way into the first-team at Anfield, but fans are still positive for the future.
Although, his goalscoring record will need to improve - 16 goals in 91 career appearances hardly screams prolific.
He may get another chance when Liverpool face FC Sion in the Europa League on Thursday night after it was revealed Daniel Sturridge will be rested.
And fans will be hoping Origi can get off the mark and start repaying some of the £10 million spent for his services in 2014.
Will Divock Origi become a success at Liverpool? Have your say in the comments section below!
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms