FIFA's executive committee has confirmed its presidential election will go ahead as planned on February 26 next year.
There had been uncertainty surrounding the vote after president Sepp Blatter and UEFA president Michel Platini were handed provisional 90-day suspensions two weeks ago.
FIFA held an emergency meeting in Zurich on Tuesday and has, however, decided to retain the election date, with the deadline for nominations on Monday.
The governing body's twitter account read: "FIFA ExCo reconfirms 26 February 2016 as the date of the extraordinary elective congress in Zurich."
The decision places added doubt on Platini's bid for the presidency.
The Frenchman has already submitted his candidacy but is being investigated over a ?1.35million payment received from Blatter in 2011, which he says relates to consultancy work completed nine years earlier.
Platini denies any wrongdoing and is awaiting the verdict of the FIFA appeals committee after challenging his suspension.
He told French newspaper Le Monde in an interview published on Monday that it was "shameful" his name was being "dragged through the mud".