The ten-second Snapchat video that was filmed by Adam Johnson's 15-year-old accuser during their alleged sexual encounter was shown to the jury yesterday and released to the public in due course, according to the Daily Mail.
The schoolgirl, who claims to have performed a sex act on the ex-Sunderland footballer during a meeting in his Range Rover last year, secretly filmed them talking to prove to her disbelieving friends that it took place.
She can be heard saying 'Aye' as Johnson talks to her about Sunderland's performance in the Premier League. However, neither of the two feature in the video, which simply shows the dashboard of the car.
Johnson, an England international, has admitted to one count of grooming and another of sexual activity with a 15-year-old. He has denied two more serious charges of the same offense, which is why the trial at Bradford Crown Court continues.
Of the video, the girl, now 16, told the court: "It was to show that I had actually met up with him. If anyone had asked us, I had the proof there. Obviously I was trying to brag about it and show off about it because how many other people could say it had happened to them?
"I thought I was big and I thought I was clever. I didn't see at the time - I feel so stupid now for not seeing but I didn't see at the time..."
On Friday, the court heard from the police officer who first interviewed Johnson about the allegations on March 2 last year. Detective Constable Kimberly Walton said she spoke to the "games room" and that he appeared "a little bit shaky".
After being taken to the police station, Johnson asked officers “Is sexual activity a kiss or is that not sexual activity?” in his first interview before claiming “Not sexual activity like anything other than a kiss” ever took place.
Talking about their first meeting, which features in the above video, Johnson claimed to police that he had done so to give her a signed shirt.
He said: “That’s all I know she’s a big fan. If someone contacted me and asked for a shirt I try and give them that.”
Prosecuting, Kate Blackwell QC, has told the jury that Johnson finds himself in court after taking advantage of a teenager with “one enormous crush” on him.
The trial continues with further witnesses expected to be called today.
Sunderland opt against lawsuit
It was reported yesterday (Thursday) that Sunderland, who sacked Johnson last week, have opted against suing the midfielder. His £60,000-a-week contract, which had several months still to run, was terminated and Sunderland had the option to seek around £1m in compensation.
However, according to the Newcastle Chronicle, they have opted against such action.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms