Confusion ensued on Monday morning when pictures emerged of Chris Smalling on a hospital stretcher after being 'stung by a jellyfish' in Bali.
Following England's shock exit from Euro 2016 last Monday, the centre-back quickly jetted off to the Indonesian island to escape the onslaught of abuse from fans.
His holiday appeared to have taken a turn for a worse, though, when unconfirmed reports suggested he was 'rushed to hospital' after falling off his surfboard.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: https://gms.to/haveyoursay4
However, it would appear that isn't the case after Manchester United released a statement to clarify what really happened.
They wrote: "Manchester United can clarify Chris Smalling has had food poisoning during his holiday which resulted in him fainting on Sunday.
"The 26-year-old defender was taken to the hospital and is now feeling fine.
"Smalling is currently on vacation in Bali following his time with England at Euro 2016 before reporting back for pre-season training later this month.
"Chris would like to thank everyone for their well wishes."
Panic over. By no means is food poisoning something to take lightly, but it's a damn sight better than being stung by a jellyfish.
Still, after a tournament where England suffered another humiliating exit, Smalling would have hoped for a more relaxing and trouble-free vacation rather than being hospitalised.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms