From goalscoring machine to a punchline amongst football fans, Christian Benteke has suffered quite the fall from grace since signing for Liverpool last summer.
The Belgium international's pace, power and eye for goal all came to the fore throughout the 2014/15 term for Aston Villa but he was unable to carry over such form at Anfield.
As a result, one year on from his £32.5 million arrival and the general consensus is that Benteke is a flop.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: https://gms.to/haveyoursay4
Despite scoring nine Premier League goals, too many clear-cut chances were squandered in the eyes of Liverpool fans, who now welcome the idea of selling the striker.
And it would seem the Reds are on the brink of doing just that.
The Guardian reports that Crystal Palace are prepared to pay £27 million - which could rise to a club record £31.5 million - to get their man after seeing a £25 million bid rejected last week.
Liverpool will undoubtedly jump at the chance to recoup a large chunk of what they spent to sign Benteke last summer, but the fact Palace are able to stump up such a vast amount of money is an indicator of what's to come in English football.
Nevertheless, selling the Belgian for £30 million+ would represent another sound piece of business for Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, who recently captured Southampton's Sadio Mane in a £34 million deal.
Exciting times certainly lie ahead for the Merseysiders, who will have the likes of Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi, Adam Lallana, Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Mane to choose from going forward.
Mario Balotelli could also be an option for Klopp next season after the much-maligned Italian striker returned to training with the club on Sunday.
The 25-year-old, signed from AC Milan for £16 million in 2014, has endured a frustrating spell at Anfield but could be offered a chance at redemption.
Balotelli wants to prove himself in a Liverpool shirt and firmly believes he can still win the Ballon d'Or.
Yeah, we're not too sure about that one either.
He said, per Sky Sports: "In my view, there weren't enough [expectations put on me], as I can do so much more than what I said. But it takes time.
"On the scale of 0 to 10, I stopped at five, but I'll get to 10 eventually. I want to get there. I will win the Ballon d'Or.
"I do realise that I've spent two years of my career when I could've been getting closer to 10 and instead stayed at five.
"I know, the Ballon d'Or might seem laughable and I might not have done everything to be the best, but the important thing is I realised it's not too late."