Former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been accused of threatening to kill a detention deputy.
Randle, who has faced a string of legal problems over the past two years, became aggressive after being refused a phone call.
“I will kill you I swear on my life and everything that I have I will kill you when I get out,” the 24-year-old is reported have said, per the Wichita Eagle.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: https://gms.to/haveyoursay4
The outburst prompted Randle’s latest felony charge. He also has two other felony criminal cases pending.
The former Oklahoma State running back allegedly hit three people with a car after being asked to leave a party in February, and he is also charged with interfering with law enforcement officers trying to serve him a warrant.
The fifth-round draft pick will appear in court on July 26 on all three cases.
Repeatedly threatened to kill
Randle, who remains in Sedgwick County Jail, was denied a phone call because a deputy working an earlier shift had given him a chance to do so, the report adds.
He then repeated the threat to kill several times, with a detective with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office claiming the deputy “did feel threatened by what Inmate Randle stated” and “was also threatened by the way Inmate Randle said the threats. The threat was made in a very aggressive manner by yelling them.”
Randle was cut by the Cowboys last year before he received a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.
Having drafted Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall pick in the 2016 draft, it’s unlikely the Cowboys will miss Randle.
How many yards will Ezekiel Elliott rush for in 2016? Let us know in the comments section below!
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms