Paddy Pimblett thinks James Buckley and Owen Wilson should play him in a movie about his life

  • Tom Ward
paddy-pimblett-owen-wilson-james-buckley-ufc-hollywood-movie

Paddy Pimblett has a couple of ideas about who should play him in a biopic.

Pimblett, 27, has become one of the UFC‘s hottest prospects since he announced himself on the world stage last year.

The former Cage Warriors featherweight champion rattled off a pair of highlight-reel finishes over Luigi Vendramini and Rodrigo Vargas respectively to continue his upward trajectory.

But the Liverpool MMA fighter is already dreaming of bigger things beyond the octagon itself – starting with a Hollywood movie about his life.

Speaking exclusively to GiveMeSport, he said he’d pick Inbetweeners and YouTube star James Buckley and Wonder and Zoolander actor Owen Wilson to portray himself at different stages of his career.

“Owen Wilson probably or Jay Cartwright off the Inbetweeners,” Pimblett said.

“Think I’d have Jay playing me at my age now, I’d have Owen Wilson playing me when I’m a bit older.

“We just need to find a little child version of me and we’re flying.”

Mixed Martial Arts – UFC – Paddy Pimblett v Kazula Vargas – O2 Arena, London, Britain – March 19, 2022 Paddy Pimblett celebrates winning his fight against Kazula Vargas Action Images via Reuters/Peter Cziborra

Pimblett also said he is looking forward to watching Charles Oliveira defend his title against Justin Gaethje – but doesn’t think it will end too well for the defending champion.

He added: “It’s the most stacked division in the sport by a mile.

“There’s so many 155’ers like the top 30 is full of killers.

“I think Charles Oliveira and Justin Gaethje is an unbelievable fight.

“I really like Oliveira but I just don’t know how he’s going to get the fight to the floor and I can see Gaethje finishing him.

Mixed Martial Arts – UFC – Paddy Pimblett v Kazula Vargas – O2 Arena, London, Britain – March 19, 2022 Paddy Pimblett celebrates winning his fight against Kazula Vargas with Molly McCan Action Images via Reuters/Peter Cziborra

“A lot of people talk about me fighting top ten opponents and stuff but that’s not going to happen for a few years.

“That’s not going to happen for a year or two.

“And by that time, they’ll be on the decline, and I’ll be on the up.

“So people can doubt me now but I’ll be at the top of the division in a few years.”

He also talked about his recent altercation with Ilia Topuria, saying of his potential future opponent: “‘Hand Sanitizer Boy’ used my name for five minutes of fame.

1 of 20
p1err1pmimqdj1tnh15vt1s1c1kb83.jpg

Where was Conor McGregor born?

“He came over and tried to act hard, and tried to pretend he did something when he never, he just got something bounced off his head.

“But it was funny because I was saying before it he’s using my name for followers and idiots on Twitter didn’t realise my Instagram account had been disabled like they were saying he’s got so many more followers than you.

“I was like, let’s see on Sunday who’s got more followers, let’s see on Sunday. And, who’s got more followers again? Yours truly.

“I’m the draw, I don’t need anyone, they need me.”

READ MORE: Ronnie O’Sullivan accepts Paddy Pimblett’s sparring invitation after visiting Next Generation MMA

News Now - Sport News