WWE 2K22 has so many different options when it comes to customising the game but how exactly do you use custom arenas?
The creation suite allows users to both create and download custom arenas, so that you can have access to the likes of classic pay-per-views that haven’t been included in the clutch of arenas selected by 2K.
You can also download new wrestlers, belts and movesets, but this guide is going to focus solely on downloading a new arena.
It means that you could, potentially, download an All Elite Wrestling arena, or a New Japan Pro Wrestling arena, and then let your wrestlers do battle in the newly downloaded arena.
Of course, there are a fair few wrestlers within the roster who have been released, so downloading an AEW arena and then putting on Keith Lee versus Jeff Hardy is a cool thing to be able to do.
How exactly do you go about downloading a new arena, though, so that you can use it in the game?
How to download a Custom Arena
- The first step is to either create yourself an arena that you want to play in or download one from the creation suite.
- Create a show that you can assign the arena to. Go into the creations menu, then select the ‘show’ tab from the menu. Select ‘new’. You’ll now be in the Create A Show menu screen. Select ‘arena’. Press either R1 or RB, depending on the console you’re playing on. Select the custom arena you want to use.
- From here, you can fully customise your show to look exactly how you want. You can change the show name, the music, the commentary, and the location.
- You’ll also want to add a watermark image – if you’ve downloaded an AEW show, for example, you’ll want to add an AEW logo so that it’s authentic.
- You can also change the referee so they’re not wearing a WWE shirt, and you can add screen filters, as well as customising things like the overlay design, the match-up screen and the replay screen.
- Once you’ve gone through these steps, save the show.
- Now, when you go into an exhibition match, you’ll find them available to use in the ‘custom arena’ tab.
- You can also use these arenas in Universe Mode, so you could potentially start an AEW show in your Universe if you want to!
There are some hoops that you need to jump through to get the arenas sorted out, but it doesn’t take that much time, and it’s worth doing just to add some real authenticity and fun to your game.
There are hundreds of custom arenas available to download online so take your time as you pick, and then follow our guide to put your superstars in your new custom arena.