This is the highly-anticipated rematch between the two men following the UFC 259 contest that ended when Yan hit Sterling with an illegal knee.
It’s arguable that Yan was winning that fight before the illegal knee was thrown, and many MMA fans can’t wait to see what happens when the two Bantamweight Champions get in the octagon to finally unify the titles.
Here’s everything you need to know about the UFC 273 contest between Aljamain Sterling and Petr Yan and what pro fighters are predicting.
Sterling vs Yan 2 Predictions
The UFC Featherweight Champion and one half of the UFC 273 main event Alexander Volkanovski gave his prediction for the fight whilst speaking to BJPenn.com: “I have to go with Petr Yan, I’ve trained with him in the past and he’s the real deal.”
Ian Garry also gave his opinion on this weekend’s clash, again speaking to BJPenn.com about the Bantamweight title showdown: “You can’t tell me Sterling will win this fight after the way the first one went. He got dominated, Yan will do the same thing here.”
#6 ranked UFC Welterweight Stephen Thompson also gave his prediction for the fight whilst speaking to BJPenn.com: “I’m actually going to go with Aljamain Sterling. He learned a lot from the last fight and I think he has improved his string and his wrestling is always there.”
Here is the UFC 273 Volkanovski vs The Korean Zombie fight card as it stands on Saturday 9th April 2022 according to the official UFC website:
- UFC Featherweight Title: Alexander Volkanovski (C) vs. Chan Sung Jung
- UFC Bantamweight Title: Petr Yan (Interim C) vs. Aljamain Sterling (C)
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
- Vinc Pichel vs Mark Madsen
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks
- Anthony Hernandez vs Josh Fremd
- Aspen Ladd vs Raquel Pennington
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott
- Aleksei Oleinik vs Jared Vaneraa
- Piera Rodriguez vs. Kay Hansen
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos
You can find all of the latest UFC, MMA and Combat Sports news right here at GiveMeSport.