This contest is the rematch from the controversial UFC 259 bout that saw Yan lose his Bantamweight title due to disqualification.
Although the actual call from the official was not controversial and arguably the only correct one to make, there has been bad blood between both men on social media ever since and this is the first time they will meet in the octagon since then.
Here’s everything you need to know about the expected UK Start Time for Aljamain Sterling vs Petr 2 at UFC 273.
Sterling vs Yan 2 UK Time
The main card for UFC 273 is expected to take place at 3 am BST on Sunday 10th April 2022, and that means we can probably expect Sterling and Yan to be making their walks to the cage between 4:30 am and 5:30 am BST on Sunday 10th April 2022.
It all depends on how the rest of the fight card goes, and that is why there is such a wide timeframe for the potential cage walk.
Here is the UFC 273 Volkanovski vs The Korean Zombie fight card as it stands on Saturday 9th April 2022 according to the official UFC website:
- UFC Featherweight Title: Alexander Volkanovski (C) vs. Chan Sung Jung
- UFC Bantamweight Title: Petr Yan (Interim C) vs. Aljamain Sterling (C)
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
- Vinc Pichel vs Mark Madsen
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks
- Anthony Hernandez vs Josh Fremd
- Aspen Ladd vs Raquel Pennington
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott
- Aleksei Oleinik vs Jared Vaneraa
- Piera Rodriguez vs. Kay Hansen
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos
As noted, UFC 273’s Main Card is currently scheduled to begin at 3:00 am BST on Sunday 10th April 2022, and will be available for fans to watch in its entirety on BT Sport.
BT Sport is the official home of the UFC in the UK, and they show all UFC PPV events. Usually, the PPV events are shown as part of the BT Sports package, although some bigger events (usually involving Conor McGregor) may be available as a PPV for around £19.95.
You can find all of the latest UFC, MMA and Combat Sports news right here at GiveMeSport.