Horizon Forbidden West has been a critical darling since its release, even though it has largely been overshadowed by Elden Ring, but which trophies can be unlocked in the game?
Guerrilla Games’ latest release is a direct follow-up to Horizon: Zero Dawn and has received some real praise from critics.
Per Metacritic, it has a score of 88 from a total of 122 critic reviews, while it also has a user score of 8 from 8,388 ratings.
Aloy’s journey across the tundra of the frozen west to unite the warring tribes and factions has been transporting players into another world.
The open world allows players to explore at will and destroy machines around every corner, with gorgeous graphics also truly showcasing the power of the PlayStation Five.
There are a number of achievements that can be unlocked in the game, in case you’re going in search of that elusive platinum.
Here, we’ve broken down every single achievement that can be found in Horizon: Forbidden West.
Obviously, be aware that there are spoilers here for story progression, so don’t read on if you don’t want to have parts of the story given away by the achievement descriptions.
With that being said, keep reading to find out every single trophy in Horizon Forbidden West.
Every single achievement in Horizon: Forbidden West
- All trophies obtained – Platinum – Obtained all Horizon: Forbidden West trophies.
- Discovered Nemesis: Discover Nemesis by putting an end to the Zenith
- Reached Level 50 – Silver – Reached player level 50.
- All Tallnecks Overriden – Silver – Reached the top of every Tallneck and accessed their information.
- Defeated Asera – Silver – Investigated all Rebel Camps and helped Erend defeat Asera.
- All Cores Overriden – Silver – Reached the core of every cauldron and accessed their information.
- Obtained 3 Stripes at All Hunting Grounds – Silver – Earned at least a Quarter Stripe mark in all three trials at all Hunting Grounds.
- All Machine Types Scanned – Silver – Encountered and Focus scanned every type of machine.
- Skill Tree Learned – Silver – Learned all available skills on one tree.
- Reached Level 30 – Bronze – Reached player level 30.
- Reached Level 20 – Bronze – Reached player level 20.
- Reached the Daunt: Arrived at the Daunt seeking passage into the Forbidden West
- Secured Passage to the Embassy: Cleared the way to the Embassy and reopened the Daunt
- Attended the Embassy: Survived the ambush at the Embassy and gained passage into the Forbidden West
- Established the Base: Secured a base of operations and rebooted GAIA
- Recovered AETHER: Defended the Kulrut and recovered AETHER
- Recovered POSEIDON: Drained Las Vegas and recovered POSEIDON
- Recovered DEMETER: Encountered the Quen and recovered DEMETER
- Recovered Beta: Followed Beta’s distress signal and brought her back to base
- Discovered Faro’s Fate: Survived Thebes and befriended the Quen
- Flew on the Wings of the Ten: Flew into battle and vanquished Regalla
- Chose a Desert Commander: Aided both Drakka and Yarra and chose the better candidate
- Saved the Daunt: Resolved all of the problems troubling the Daunt
- Aided Kotallo: Helped Kotallo build and test a mechanised arm
- Healed the Land-gods: Helped Zo reboot the land-gods to save Plainsong
- Recovered Alva’s Data: Helped Alva retrieve data to help the Quen
- First Tallneck Overridden: Reached the top of a Tallneck and accessed its information
- First Rebel Camp Completed: Completed key objectives in one Rebel Camp.
- First Core Overridden: Reached the Core of a Cauldron and accessed its information
- Obtained 3 Stripes at a Hunting Ground: Earned at least a Quarter Stripe mark in all three trials at one Hunting Ground
- All Acquisition Machines Killed: Killed at least one of every type of Acquisition machine
- All Recon Machines Killed: Killed at least one of every type of Reconnaissance machine
- All Transport Machines Killed: Killed at least one of every type of Transport machine
- Rode All Regular Mounts: Rode a Charger, Bristleback, and Clawstrider.
- Completed a Long Glide: Glided uninterrupted for 60 seconds
- Completed 2 Flying Mount Quests: Completed two quests that required a flying mount
- Won 2 Gauntlet Runs: Won first place in two different Gauntlet Runs
- Completed a Set of Salvage Contracts: Completed all contracts at a Salvage Contractor
- Completed 4 Rebel Outposts: Defeated the outpost leader and recovered the tags from four Rebel Outposts
- Completed 3 Relic Ruins: Discovered and completed three Relic Ruins
- Completed Arena Challenge Set: Completed one Arena challenge set
- Defeated Machine Strike Challengers: Won a match against two different Machine Strike challengers
- Obtained All Weapon Classes: Obtained one weapon from every weapon class.
- Used all Elemental States: Inflicted every elemental state on an enemy at least once
- Performed 3 Melee Combos: Successfully performed three different unlockable melee combos
- Stealth Killed 10 Machines: Performed a stealth kill on ten machines
- Tore off 100 Components: Detached 100 components from machines
- Picked up 5 Heavy Weapons: Picked up five different heavy weapons
- 10 Types of Machine Overridden: Unlocked and used the overrides for ten different types of machine
- Defeated the Enduring: Defeated the Tenakth melee master known as the Enduring
- Fully Upgraded a Valor Surge: Upgraded a Valor Surge to its maximum level.
- Upgraded 3 Weapons: Fully upgraded three weapons
- Upgraded 3 Outfits: Fully upgraded three different outfits
- Upgraded Every Pouch Type: Upgraded the Food Pouch, Potion Pouch, Resource Pouch, Trap Pouch, and any ammo pouch at least once
- Enhanced Weapon with Coils: Equipped a weapon of any tier with two coils
- Unlocked 3 Weapon Techniques: Unlocked a Weapon Technique for three different weapon classes
- Recovered 5 Different Collectables: Completed one Survey Drone, one Black Box, one Relic Ruin, one Vista Point, and one Signal Tower
- Used Dye Flowers: Used dye flowers to unlock and apply a new dye
And that’s every trophy you can find in Horizon Forbidden West.
Good luck out there!