Manchester City appear to be closing in on the signing of Erling Haaland.
According to the Daily Mail, Haaland has agreed a deal worth in excess of £500,000-per-week with the Citizens.
City are now expected to trigger his release clause of £63m and a deal should be completed in the next week or so.
That’ll be a huge coup for City. He is already one of the best players in the world at the age of just 21 years old.
Had he not had a release clause inserted into his contract, they would undoubtedly have had to pay a much greater fee for his services.
Per Transfermarkt, the Norwegian star is rated the second most valuable player in the world and the most valuable player of his age group.
But who else is the most valuable player in the world for their age? Using Transfermarkt, we’ve named the most valuable player in the world for every age from 16-40.
(Player’s age and market value correct as of April 19, 2022)
16: Roger Fernandes (Braga) – £3.6m
17: Gavi (Barcelona) – £54m
18: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) – £67.5m
19: Pedri (Barcelona) – £72m
20. Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) – £58.5m
21. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) – £135m
22. Dusan Vlahovic (Juventus) – £76.5m
23. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) – £144m
24. Ruben Dias (Manchester City) – £67.5m
25. Rodri (Manchester City) – £63m
26. Jack Grealish (Manchester City) – £72m
27. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United) – £81m
28. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) – £90m
29. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – £90m
30. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – £81m
31. N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) – £45m
32. Ciro Immobile (Napoli) – £27m
33. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – £45m
34. Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain) – £54m
35. Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid) – £9m
36. Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich) – £12.6m
37. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) – £31.5m
38. Dani Alves (Barcelona) – £900k
39. Pepe (Porto) – £900k
40. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan) – £3.6m
Transfermarkt have valued Haaland at £135m. Because of his release clause, City are potentially about to sign him for a fraction of his value.
Mbappe is rated at £144m, making him the world’s most valuable footballer.
He could well be on the move this summer on a free transfer, with his contract at PSG running out in a few months.
Real Madrid have been heavily linked and could get him for nothing.
Among the high-profile players that aren’t the most valuable in the world at their age include Vinicius Junior (21), Neymar (30), Raheem Sterling (27), Sadio Mane (30), Son Heung-min (29), Luka Modric (36) and Karim Benzema (34).
The ultimate Kylian Mbappe quiz: How much do you know about the French speedster?