The success Cristiano Ronaldo continues to have on the football pitch at the age of 37 is just extraordinary.
Manchester United have struggled this season but Ronaldo has been one of their best performers.
The Portuguese has scored 23 times in 36 games in 2021/22 and still manages to impress week in, week out.
Despite being 37, Ronaldo could still play for pretty much any team in world football.
It’s no surprise that Ronaldo is the most valuable player of his age in the Premier League.
But which other Premier League players are the most valuable for their age?
Using Transfermarkt, we’ve named the Premier League’s most valuable footballer at every age from 17-40.
(Data is correct as of May 2, 2022)
17: Evan Ferguson (Brighton) – £360k
18: Shola Shoretire (Manchester United) – £2.7m
19: Tino Livramento (Southampton) – £22.5m
20: Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) – £58.5m
21: Phil Foden (Manchester City) – £81m
22: Jadon Sancho (Manchester United) – £72m
23. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) – £73m
24. Ruben Dias (Manchester City) – £67.5m
25. Rodri (Manchester City) – £63m
26. Jack Grealish (Manchester City) – £72m
27. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United) – £81m
28. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) – £90m
29. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – £90m
30. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – £81m
31. N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) – £45m
32. Michail Antonio (West Ham) – £10.8m
33. Nemanja Matic (Manchester United) – £5.4m
34. Jonny Evans (Leicester City) – £4.5m
35. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur) – £6.3m
36. James Milner (Liverpool) – £1.8m
37. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) – £31.5m
38. Andy Lonergan (Everton) – £225k
39. Ben Foster (Watford) – £270k
40. Willy Caballero (Southampton) – £225k
Liverpool and Tottenham would no doubt value their stars higher than that, though.
At 37 years old, Ronaldo is valued at £31.5m, an incredible amount for someone of his age.
His value is much higher of any Premier League player over the age of 32.
Among the players that aren’t the most valuable in their age include Raheem Sterling (loses out to Fernandes), Heung-min Son (loses out to Salah), Sadio Mane (Loses out to De Bruyne) and Declan Rice (loses out to Alexander-Arnold).