The north London club are thought to have an interest in both players, and O’Rourke thinks they would be good signings.
What is the latest news involving Ward-Prowse and Martinez?
According to the Daily Star, Tottenham are one of many Premier League outfits who are currently tracking Ward-Prowse, who could cost up to £60m if he were to leave Southampton this summer.
The 27-year-old is enjoying a fine season at St Mary’s, with his set-pieces continuing to hurt teams up and down the country.
“Southampton have the best free-kick taker I have ever seen, or at least he is in the world right now,” Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola said (via BBC Sport) earlier this year when discussing Ward-Prowse.
As for Martinez, The Times claims that both Tottenham and their north London rivals Arsenal are interested in the Argentine, with the same outlet stating that Inter Milan could demand £70m for their forward.
Real Madrid complete INCREDIBLE comeback in Champions League! Full reaction on The Football Terrace…
What has O’Rourke said about Ward-Prowse, Martinez and Tottenham?
O’Rourke is confident that Ward-Prowse and Martinez would improve Tottenham’s squad instantly.
Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, the transfer insider said: “Two very good players, Ward-Prowse and Martinez. I think they would definitely improve that Spurs squad straight away. They’ll also add goals as well if they were both to arrive.”
Can Tottenham sign both Ward-Prowse and Martinez this summer?
It would be difficult to sign one of the two let alone both. Ward-Prowse only signed a new five-year deal last August, while Ralph Hasenhuttl recently made it clear that the England midfielder will not be leaving St Mary’s in the upcoming transfer window.
“James is our captain, he is happy here and he has four years left on his contract,” the Austrian said last Thursday. “He will be staying here.”
Regarding Martinez, a player of his profile will want Champions League football next season, so Tottenham could have a real obstacle if they fail to qualify for Europe’s elite competition. Then there is, of course, also Arsenal’s interest, which complicates things further, especially if the Gunners finish in the top four at Spurs’ expense.
Considering all of that, it would not be a shock if Conte failed to bring Ward-Prowse and Martinez to Hotspur Way this summer. Simply put, while it is not impossible, there are a lot of factors going against the Premier League outfit.