WWE Clash at the Castle will take place from Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on Saturday September 3, 2022.
It’s the biggest UK event WWE has held since SummerSlam 1992 at Wembley Stadium and 70,000 fans are to ascend to the Welsh capital for the show.
With tickets set to go on sale next week, here is everything you need to know about WWE’s history-making stadium show.
WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHEN IS WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE AT PRINCIPALITY STADIUM IN CARDIFF, WALES?
- WWE Clash at the Castle emanates from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on Saturday, September 3, 2022.
- This will be the first major stadium event to be held in the United Kingdom in more than 30 years, since SummerSlam ’92 at London’s Wembley Stadium.
HOW DO I GET TICKETS FOR WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE?
- Tickets for WWE Clash at The Castle will go on general sale Friday, May 20, through Ticketmaster.co.uk. To learn more about registering for an exclusive presale opportunity beginning Wednesday, May 18, please visit https://wwe.com/cardiff-2022-presale.
HOW MUCH WILL TICKETS FOR WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE COST?
- For more information on ticket pricing for WWE Clash at The Castle please visit Ticketmaster.co.uk ahead of general sale on Friday, May 20. To receive information about an exclusive presale opportunity beginning Wednesday, May 18, please visit https://wwe.com/cardiff-2022-presale.
WILL THERE BE TRAVEL PACKAGES AVAILABLE FOR WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE?
- Exclusive hotel packages for WWE Clash at the Castle, including tickets to the event and a hotel room in Cardiff, will be available. More information will be available soon at www.wwe.com.
CAN I STILL BOOK A HOTEL IN CARDIFF IF I WANT TO BUY A TICKET FOR WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE?
- Yes, there are still hotel rooms available in Cardiff. Fans looking to attend WWE Clash at the Castle can also explore the many beautiful surrounding areas in Wales that are easily connected to Cardiff City Centre including Newport, Pontypridd, Caerphilly, Brigend, Barry, Swansea and more.
HOW DO I GET TO CARDIFF BY TRAIN?
- Cardiff Central is the nearest station to Principality Stadium and operates mainline services from West Wales, the Midlands, the South Coast and London
- Cardiff Queen Street Station is a 15-minute walk to the east of the Stadium and offers local rail services across Cardiff and from the South Wales Valleys
- For visitors traveling from London, there are hourly train services from London Paddington and the total journey time is just 2 hours. Other travel times for popular train routes are:
- Newport (15 minutes)
- Bristol (50 minutes)
- Swansea (55 minutes)
- Gloucester (1 hour)
- Bath (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Cheltenham (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Birmingham (2 hours)
- London (2 hours)
- Southampton (2 hours 30 minutes)
- Coventry (2 hours 50 minutes)
- Manchester (3 hours 20 minutes)
- Portsmouth (3 hours 35 minutes)
- Liverpool (3 hours 35 minutes)
HOW DO I GET TO CARDIFF BY COACH?
- You can travel to Cardiff by coach from most UK cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool and Edinburgh. There are also regular buses services between most town/cities in Wales if you are staying outside of Cardiff.
- Coach parking on event days is usually located at Sophia Gardens which is just a five-minute walk away from Principality Stadium, following the river.
HOW DO I GET TO CARDIFF BY CAR?
- Cardiff’s location on the M4 motorway makes it easily accessible by car and is within two hours drive of London and the East Midlands.
- From the East: Visitors travelling along the M4 from the East are advised to leave the M4 at junction 32 and follow the A470 (1st exit at roundabout) into the centre of Cardiff.
- From the West: Visitors travelling along the M4 from the West are advised to leave the M4 at junction 33 and join the A4232 (3rd exit at roundabout). You then have the option of either exiting the A4232 at the next roundabout and following signs for Cardiff city centre, or alternatively, if you remain on the A4232 it will eventually lead you to Cardiff Bay.
- From the South West: Visitors travelling from the South West of England should head North along the M5 motorway and then follow signs for South Wales and the M4.
- From the Midlands and North: Visitors travelling from the Midlands and the North of England should head for the M50 motorway (junction 8 on the M5 motorway) and then onto the A40 (signposted South Wales, Monmouth). Continue along the A40 until you reach Monmouth when the road becomes the A449. Continue along the A449 until you reach the Coldra roundabout where you should take the 5th exit to join the M4.
- There is no dedicated spectator car parking at, or near, Principality Stadium on event days but there is plenty of parking available in Cardiff City Center itself. When planning travel and parking for an event at Principality Stadium please check with Cardiff Council for further details on road closures that may be in operation.
- There is accessible parking close to the Stadium. Please book this in advance to ensure you have a space.
HOW DO I GET TO CARDIFF BY AIR?
- Cardiff International Airport connects Cardiff to many European cities and has an increasing number of direct international flights.
- Principality Stadium is located within 30 minutes’ drive of Cardiff Airport and 45 minutes’ drive of Bristol Airport. An express bus service (T9) operates directly from Cardiff Airport’s terminal to Cardiff City Centre.
- A short shuttle bus journey connects the Airport to the train station at Rhoose, which is a 30-minute rail journey to Cardiff Central Station.
- Connect from London Heathrow Airport to Cardiff Central Station by train in just 2 hours 20 mins.
HOW DO I GET TO PRINCIPALITY STADIUM IF I’M ALREADY IN CARDIFF?
- If you live in or are staying in Cardiff, then walking to the stadium is your best option. If you are staying in the Cardiff Bay area you can also take a water taxi during the daytime to the City Centre or hop onboard the number 6 BayCar.
HOW BIG IS CARDIFF? WILL I NEED TO GET A TAXI EVERYWHERE?
- Cardiff is a compact city making it very easy to get around. Large parts of Cardiff City Centre are pedestrianized, so it’s easy to get around on foot. You will also benefit from experiencing many of the awe-inspiring attractions in Cardiff by foot including Cardiff Castle, the National Museum Cardiff, Bute Park, Cardiff Bay, Llandaff Cathedral and so much more.
WILL THERE BE ADDITIONAL WWE EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES IN CARDIFF AROUND WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE?
· Yes, information on additional events and activities taking place will be announced in the coming weeks.
ARE THERE ANY COVID TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS TO GET INTO WALES?
· At this time there are no COVID travel restrictions in place for traveling to Wales, however, please check local government guidelines before travelling to ensure you are following the latest advice.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WHILE VISITING CARDIFF AND WALES TO ATTEND WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE?
· Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, is a compact, friendly city. Enjoy world class museums displaying internationally renowned art collections, or shopping in both historic Victorian shopping arcades and at big brand stores throughout the city. Make sure to visit Cardiff Bay, a modern waterside development where you’ll find the Wales Millennium Centre, a host venue for Wales National Opera and touring popular music and theatre productions. See the VisitCardiff website for more details about your trip.
· While you’re here, why not take in some of the wonders that Wales has to offer? Plan your trip with help from Visit Wales: find out about the dramatic UNESCO slate landscapes of North Wales; the rolling hills and market towns of Mid Wales; the award winning coast and teeming wildlife of West Wales; and the urban scenes of South Wales.
Stay tuned to GiveMeSport for all the news and updates on WWE Clash at the Castle as it happens.