It is understood that AJ’s shot at redemption is currently pencilled in for July 23 in the Middle East after the British superstar surrendered the IBF, WBA, and WBO belts to the Ukrainian back in September.
The heavyweights look set to renew their rivalry this summer after Usyk left war-torn Ukraine to start his training camp.
However, that could all be about to change, as Hearn admitted they could be forced to push it back if a deal is not finalised in time.
Speaking on the DAZN Boxing Show, he said: “July 23, in the Middle East is the frontrunner.
“We’re almost out of time for that date if we don’t get the deal done this week.
“I’m hoping we can give you two big pieces of news this week.
“That will be Canelo Alvarez’s next fight and Anthony Joshua’s next fight – two of the biggest stars of the sport.”
It comes after Hearn confirmed that the rematch is indeed most likely to take place in the Middle East.
After Joshua, 32, was stunned by Andy Ruiz Jr, also 32, in June 2019, their second fight six months later was taken to Saudi Arabia.
But according to Hearn, there are plenty of other offers on the table as well.
Hearn told iFL TV: “We’ve had a number of offers from the Middle East.
“UK – obviously for the rematch is where AJ would prefer that fight to take place.
“But it’s so far out on the numbers. The US is a more lucrative site.
“But again you have to understand this fight is a financial split between Usyk and AJ.
“We can’t just go to London because it’s a home advantage for AJ when you could be talking about two or three times more money to go elsewhere.
“Usyk doesn’t care if the fight’s in London. He’d prefer it probably not in the UK, but he would prefer to make the most money possible.
“AJ would like it in the UK but just wants the rematch.
“He’s boxed in the Middle East before, he’s obviously had a great win out there and if that’s where it’s gonna take place, no problem.
“So we’re finalising that and July you will see that rematch.”