Update 9.2.5 is coming to World of Warcraft: (WoW) Shadowland and we share everything we know regarding the variety of features and experiences expected in the update.
Following Battle for Azeroth, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is the eighth expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft.
Gamers should prepare for faction play, new quests for blood elf and Dark Iron dwarf characters, a new PvP arena, and much more.
The biggest feature in the update is Cross-faction gameplay, which will give players more grouping options and allow them to play with their friends from the opposing faction.
Stick around to see everything we know so far about World of Warcraft: Shadowlands 9.2.5 Update.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands 9.2.5 Update
According to WoW, the new update is set to be released on May 31 in North America and on June 1 in Europe.
New Content for Update 9.2.5
Thanks to Blizzard, we know what’s in store for Shadowlands 9.2.5. Take a look at the official features.
Blood Elves and Dark Iron Dwarves
Two new quest lines will help blood elf, and Dark Iron dwarf players earn new rewards in this update.
Test Your Mettle in the Enigma Crucible
The mysterious Enigma Crucible crafted by the Progenitors is the latest PvP arena located within the ancient wonder of Zereth Mortis and will offer players a challenging battlefield to test their skills.
The patch notes for this upcoming patch have been released, the developers have also shared the achievements from the previous patch.
- Regardless of which covenant your character currently belongs to, all Covenant Sanctum feature achievements are now viewable and count towards your character’s total achievement points. To acquire the Covenant’s special milestones, all characters must be members of that Covenant.
- Tower Ranger criteria now requires The Jailer’s Gauntlet: Layer 4 (was Layer 8).
- The Dancing Machine achievement text now specifies that the reward is a toy.
- Anima Cannisters required for Kaal-ed Shot now respawn after General Kaal resets and the Slammed! debuff is no longer removed by immunity effects.
- Fixed an issue that was causing The Enlightened faction to not count towards the Exalted Reputations achievements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Azeroth at War achievements to not be obtainable by players.
Learn more about the latest changes coming to the WoW Shadowlands by going through more update notes.
- Removed the experience point reduction that is applied to level 51–60 characters while in Party Sync.
- DEATH KNIGHT
- Fixed an issue that caused Bone Shields consumed by Tombstone (Talent) to not reduce the cooldown of Blood Tap by the correct amount.
- Fixed an issue that caused Scouring Tithe (Kyrian Ability) to grant both the death and survive effects when used against certain enemies.
- Players are now able to directly invite members of the opposite faction to a party if you have a BattleTag or Real ID friendship, or if you are members of a cross-faction WoW Community.
- Premade Groups in the Group Finder listings for Mythic dungeons, raids, or rated arena/RBGs are now open to applicants of both factions, though the group leader may choose to restrict the listing to same-faction applicants if they so choose.
- WoW Communities now have the option to be cross-faction, while Guilds will remain single-faction.
- Random matchmade activities like Heroic dungeons, Skirmishes, or Random Battlegrounds will all remain the same-faction.
- The following instances are not cross-faction:
- Trial of the Champion
- Trial of the Crusader
- Vault of Archavon
- Icecrown Citadel
- Baradin Hold
- Siege of Boralus
- Battle of Dazar’alor
- Darkmaul Citadel (Exile’s Reach dungeon)
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
- SEPULCHER OF THE FIRST ONES
- Cross-Realm raiding is now available on Mythic difficulty.
- With Cross-Faction Instances becoming available, the Cryptic Hero: Shadowlands Season 3 achievement now requires a Mythic+ Rating in the top 0.1% of all players in your region.
ITEMS AND REWARDS
- Broker Mark of Distinction now increases the Renown of your currently active Covenant to 60 (was 40).
- Renown catch-up is accelerated through Renown 60 (was 48).
- These activities will now have a 100% chance to reward 1 Renown upon completion:
- Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
- Torghast Layers 9-16
- Defeating a Shadowlands raid boss encounter
- Winning a Rated Battleground
- Reward boxes from Callings now contain twice as many Grateful Offerings, still scaling with your covenant sanctum’s Anima Conductor level.
- The Zereth Mortis weekly quest “Patterns Within Patterns” now awards Grateful Offerings.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Blizzard Shop transmog cosmetics to temporarily disappear from your collection.
- Fixed an issue where Jingles battle pet would display as “Unknown” when summoned and its wreath and candy cane accessories were the incorrect size in the Pet Journal.
PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
- NEW ARENA: ENIGMA CRUCIBLE
- SOLO SHUFFLE BRAWL
- The minimum item level combatants will be scaled up to has been raised to 252 (was 239).
- Fixed an issue that caused some abilities to not be removed from players in between rounds.
- Fixed an issue that caused a round to not reset properly if a player on each side of the brawl died at the same time.
- DEATH KNIGHT
- Anti-Magic Zone’s spell damage reduction increased to 50% (was 20%) in PvP combat.
- Dome of Ancient Shadow (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- Demonic Embrace now increases your Stamina by 20% (was 10%) in PvP combat.
- Demon Armor (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- New PvP Talent: Shadowfall – Gain the Nightfall talent with 100% increased chance to gain its effect. If you already have this talent, you may select another in the same row.
- Increased the experience points earned when crafting Specialized Armor and Jewelry for creating Runecarving items by 400%.
- Blood Elves can start a quest to earn a new mount, weapon appearance, and the Blood Knight armor set for Blood Elf Paladins by speaking to Liadrin in Oribos. Requirements: Level 60 and Exalted with Silvermoon.
- Dark Iron Dwarves can start a quest to earn a new mount and weapon appearances by speaking to Anvil-Thane Thurgaden in Shadowforge City, Blackrock Depths (accessed via Mole Machine). Requirements: Level 50.
TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED
- All wings are now open (was 2 wings available per week).
- Layers 1–8 are now unlocked by default.
- Layers 9–12 now unlock after completing Layer 8.
- Layers 13–16 now unlock after completing the previous Layer.
USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
- All search filter dropdowns now have a button that lets you easily remove all active filters.
- The default hand cursor now has new, higher resolution art for its larger sizes under Interface Options → Accessibility.
- The Report Player pane has been redesigned, with new categories added.
The developers also announced that Shadowlands Season 4 will debut later this summer. Keep an eye on GiveMeSports for more details on when Season 4 will be available.
You can find all of the latest Gaming and Esports News right here at GiveMeSport.