The 6.18 patch for Final Fantasy XIV has a release date and will add several new worlds, as well as EXP and bonuses, to the online role-playing game.
This expansion will take place in two stages, the first of which will be discussed in this article. The European data center will receive four new worlds, two of which will go to the Light data center and two to the Chaos data center. Light’s worlds are Alpha and Raiden, whereas the worlds of Chaos are Sagittarius and Phantom.
Square Enix will provide bonuses along with the launch of new servers for individuals who want to move their characters there.
The big story here is that today, the Data Centre Travel system will also go live. Here’s everything we know about the 6.18 patch notes.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.18 Release Date
Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.18 launched on Tuesday 5th July 2022 alongside a selection of brand new worlds. Due to the implementation of the Data Centre Travel system and the expansion of the Japanese and European servers, maintenance on this day will last roughly 24 hours.
Final Fantasy XIV 6.18 Patch notes
Patch 6.18 is now live, see the patch notes below.
Patch 6.18 contains content that can only be accessed by registering the expansion packs for FINAL FANTASY XIV to your service account. To distinguish between adjustments that are and are not affected by the registration of these expansions, the following notations will be used throughout the patch notes:
2.x: These additions and adjustments only require the purchase of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.
4.x: These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood.
5.x: These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers.
6.x: These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker.
6.x: The weekly restriction on receiving Unsung Blades of Asphodelos from Asphodelos: The Fourth Circle has been removed.
6.x: The following adjustments have been made to Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage):
- Two treasure coffers will now always appear. Furthermore, the weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction on all areas of Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage) has been removed.
- Players may now proceed directly to any circle of Pandæmonium: Asphodelos (Savage).
6.x: The item required to enhance weapons purchased with Allagan tomestones of astronomy, Radiant Roborant, can be purchased from the following vendor:
Nesvaaz, Radz-at-Han (X:10.6 Y:10.0)
- After acquiring the items to enhance your equipment from J’lakshai, Wilmetta, or Nesvaaz, speak with Khaldeen in Radz-at-Han (X:10.9 Y:10.4) and exchange them for augmented gear of your choice.
The following adjustments have been made to PvP actions:
* We are planning a number of adjustments for Patch 6.2, including further changes to the rate at which the limit gauge fills for each job, as well as damage modifiers.
The combat rank bonus for the limit gauge has been adjusted as follows:
Damage modifiers based on job have been adjusted as follows:
- Damage taken for tank and melee DPS have been changed from -40% to -60%.
- Damage taken for physical ranged DPS, magical ranged DPS, and healer have been changed from -20% to -30%.
- Damage dealt for summoner, scholar, and white mage, have been changed from 0% to -10%.
A new data center, Meteor, has been added to the Japanese region.
Following the addition of this new data center, Worlds across all Japanese data centers will be redistributed.
Learn more about the data center redistribution.
New Worlds have been added to the European data centers.
Chaos Data Center
Light Data Center
Learn more about the data center redistribution.
The Data Center Travel system has been implemented.
Using this new system, players can now travel between data centers to embark on adventures with players from those data centers.
Using the Data Center Travel System
- 1. From the Character Selection screen, choose a character and select Visit Another Data Center from the subcommand menu.
2. Select the data center and World to which you wish to travel
3. On the final confirmation screen, select Proceed to return to the title screen and begin the data center traveling process.
- 4. Once Data Center Travel has been successfully completed, you may select the appropriate data center and World to log in.
* Data center travel cannot be canceled while it is in progress.
* Time required for data center travel may vary depending on congestion of your selected destination World. In certain cases, travel may be canceled.
* You may only travel to other data centers from your Home Data Center. If you wish to travel to a data center different from the one you are currently visiting, you must first return to your Home Data Center and submit a Data Center Visit request from there.
- Players visiting other data centers will have the “Traveler” title displayed on their nameplate.
* This title will be displayed when undertaking duties on the destination data center.
- This title will also be displayed in the friends list and in player searches under the Company column.
Certain features are unavailable or restricted when visiting another data center.
Disciples of the Land
- Legendary and unspoiled gathering nodes are inaccessible.
- Retainers cannot be summoned, hired, or released from service.
- Items cannot be put up for sale on the market board.
* Market board items can still be purchased.
- The following quests can only be accepted from your Home World:
An Ill-conceived Venture (Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, Ul’dah)
- Free companies cannot be formed or joined.
- Free company information cannot be viewed.
- Company credits cannot be earned.
- Free company chat cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Linkshell information cannot be viewed.
- Linkshells cannot be created or joined.
- Linkshells cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Cross-world linkshells cannot be formed.
* It is still possible to join cross-world linkshells, with a limit of 8 cross-world linkshells per data center.
- Travelers cannot be promoted to master of cross-world linkshells in the destination data center.
- Cross-world linkshells in different data centers cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Fellowship information in your Home World cannot be viewed.
- Travelers cannot form or join fellowships in a different data center.
- Estates and apartments cannot be purchased.
- Residence sharing is unavailable.
- The quest “Bird in Hand” can only be accepted from your Home World.
- Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding are unavailable.
- Eternal Bonding quests are unavailable.
- Invitations to ceremonies cannot be offered to players in other data centers.
- Lord of Verminion tournaments cannot be entered.
- Triple Triad tournaments cannot be entered.
- Jumbo Cactpot tickets cannot be purchased or redeemed.
- Deep Dungeon results will not be saved to leaderboards.
- Crystalline Conflict ranked matches are unavailable.
- PvP team information cannot be viewed.
- PvP teams cannot be formed or joined.
- PvP teams cannot be used to send or receive messages.
Moogle Delivery Service
- The Moogle delivery service is unavailable.
* Letter notifications are unavailable outside of your Home Data Center.
- Eternity Rings may only be used when both players are on the same World.
- You can only use an Aetheryte Pendulum to teleport to the nearest aetheryte if both players are on the same World.
- You can only teleport to a friend’s estate when you are on their Home World.
New and Preferred World Bonuses
- Bonuses will not be applied for visiting New or Preferred Worlds.
* If you are eligible for New or Preferred World bonuses in your Home World, these will still apply when visiting another World.
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue wherein contradictory dialogue appeared when speaking with F’lhaminn in Mor Dhona after completing the Ameliance custom delivery quests.
- An issue wherein contradictory dialogue appeared when speaking with Jesse in Rhalgr’s Reach after completing the quest “Goodbye, ε̆│\̆│Δ.”
- An issue when participating in Frontline campaigns wherein players under the effect of the white mage action Miracle of Nature were no longer affected by PvP damage modifiers.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.
Other various issues have also been addressed.
An issue wherein the numbering of cross-world linkshells reverts to the order in which they were joined after using the Data Center Travel system and returning to your Home Data Center.
Square Enix has provided information on what players may anticipate from the impending Final Fantasy 14 patch 6.2.
Director and producer Naoki Yoshida and his team revealed the finer details of the eagerly awaited patch as well as the Island Sanctuary feature at the most recent Live Letter 71 aired on 1st July 2022.
You can find all of the latest Gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.