Tate was expected to be making her Women’s Flyweight debut at the event from Las Vegas, Nevada, but a late issue has meant that changes will need to be made.
With it being so close to fight night, there’s a potential that Tate may not be able to enter the octagon in a new weight class.
Here is everything you need to know about Miesha Tate’s scheduled bout at UFC 276 and why her appearance may be cancelled by the company.
Miesha Tate Flyweight Debut
The UFC announced during this past Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 38 broadcast that Tate’s contest against Lauren Murphy had been cancelled. The company did not reveal any other information regarding the cancellation and why it occurred.
MMA Junkie confirmed in a recent report that the company are searching for a replacement to face Tate in the Women’s Flyweight division.
The site revealed: “MMA Junkie subsequently verified with a person close to the situation that Murphy is out, and the promotion is ‘searching hard’ for a replacement to step in and fight Tate on short notice. The person requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.”
Tate is a major name for the company, but she was scheduled to be the second fight on the main card of UFC 276. With that in mind, it would make sense for the company to push back her contest until Murphy is available to compete.
As of writing on Monday 27th June 2022, the official UFC website still has Murphy vs Tate listed on the main card of UFC 276. It’s likely that this will be amended in the coming days if and when the company can find a replacement.
Read More: UFC 276 Live Stream: How to Watch
UFC 276 Fight Card
Here is the current fight card for the event according to the UFC website as of Monday 27th June 2022:
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko – Women’s Bantamweight Bout
- Dricus du Plessis vs. Brad Tavares – Middleweight Bout
- Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz – Middleweight Bout
- Jim Miller vs Donald Cerrone – Welterweight Bout
- Ian Garry vs Gabriel Green – Welterweight Bout
- Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena – Welterweight Bout
- Jalin Turner vs. Brad Riddell – Lightweight Bout
- Sean O’Malley vs. Pedro Munhoz – Bantamweight Bout
- Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira – Middleweight Bout
- UFC Featherweight Championship Bout: Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Max Holloway
- UFC Middleweight Championship Bout: Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Jared Cannonier
You can find all of the latest UFC and MMA news right here at GiveMeSport.