UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya will be taking to the octagon to defend his title at UFC 276, but The Last Stylebender had some words for former Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones ahead of his return to the cage.
Many fans have wanted to see the two former 205-pound fighters go at it in the octagon, but it has always felt like an unrealistic prospect.
With Adesanya having only fought once in the UFC’s Light Heavyweight division and Jones essentially set to move to Heavyweight, it feels even further away than ever…just don’t tell The Last Stylebender that.
Here is what Israel Adesanya had to say regarding Jon Jones ahead of his UFC 276 contest against Jared Cannonier for the UFC Middleweight Championship.
Israel Adesanya on Jon Jones
Speaking at a press conference for UFC 276, Adesanya would state that Jones needs to “get his sh*t” together before they potentially clash.
He said: “He should move up in weight first [before we fight]. Go fight Francis [Ngannou], or even, like, I don’t know, stop being on TMZ. Get his life together.
“This is facts, or am I saying anything that’s not true? Just get his s*** together first, like [Daniel Cormier] said, and yeah, start fighting again, because there’s no fight if someone’s not fighting.
“I’m the one fighting, I’m staying active, I moved up in weight – not just talking about it. I’m going to do it again. Cementing my own legacy. I’m just worried about me right now. That’s the thing.”
If the UFC are able to get Jones vs Adesanya together at some point in the future, then it would be a massive box office attraction. Still, it will probably be years before we see the two men enter the octagon to compete.
Read More: UFC 276 Live Stream: How to Watch
UFC 276 Fight Card
Here is the current fight card for the event according to the UFC website as of Monday 27th June 2022:
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko – Women’s Bantamweight Bout
- Dricus du Plessis vs. Brad Tavares – Middleweight Bout
- Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz – Middleweight Bout
- Jim Miller vs Donald Cerrone – Welterweight Bout
- Ian Garry vs Gabriel Green – Welterweight Bout
- Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena – Welterweight Bout
- Jalin Turner vs. Brad Riddell – Lightweight Bout
- Sean O’Malley vs. Pedro Munhoz – Bantamweight Bout
- Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira – Middleweight Bout
- UFC Featherweight Championship Bout: Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Max Holloway
- UFC Middleweight Championship Bout: Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Jared Cannonier
You can find all of the latest UFC and MMA news right here at GiveMeSport.