UFC 276 is set to take place this upcoming weekend from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and now ‘The Count’ Michael Bisping has given his prediction for the Main Card contest between Sean Strickland and Alex Pereira.
The official UFC website has the fight as extremely even in terms of the betting markets, with Strickland at -105 and Pereira at -115 (as of writing on Tuesday 28th June).
There are several reasons why MMA fans will want to keep an eye on this Middleweight clash, especially as Pereira is the only competitor in kickboxing to have knocked out UFC Middleweight champion Israel Adesanya during their time in the sport.
Here is what UFC and MMA legend Michael Bisping had to say with regards to his prediction for Sean Strickland vs Alex Pereira at UFC 276.
Michael Bisping UFC 276 Prediction
Speaking on his YouTube channel, ‘The Count’ would predict that Pereira would be taking the win this weekend as he believes that Strickland will not be able to secure solid takedowns on the former kickboxing great.
He said: “I don’t think Sean Strickland can take him down. Obviously, he’s got a good jab, Strickland got a good jab, that’s what he does.
“Okay, is that enough to be one of the best kickboxers on the planet? I don’t believe so. Sean if you see this don’t come after me on social media, don’t come after me on the street!
“Listen it’s gonna be a good fight, it’s a tough fight and it could go either way. I could be proven to be very wrong and maybe if I am, shame on me because Sean has been around doing MMA for a long time.
Sean is a lifelong martial artist, he’s got great Jiu-Jitsu and striking and the guy is a psycho. That’s one thing, Sean believes in himself, sean is not a p*ssy by any stretch of the imagination.
“Sean will do whatever it takes to win the fight and that makes him dangerous. Obviously, combining [that] with his cardio, also makes him dangerous. Still, for this one, I’ve got Alex Pereira winning.
Read More: UFC 276 Live Stream: How to Watch
Sean Strickland Next Fight
For context, here is the current fight card for the event according to the UFC website as of Tuesday 28th June 2022:
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko – Women’s Bantamweight Bout
- Dricus du Plessis vs. Brad Tavares – Middleweight Bout
- Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz – Middleweight Bout
- Jim Miller vs Donald Cerrone – Welterweight Bout
- Ian Garry vs Gabriel Green – Welterweight Bout
- Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena – Welterweight Bout
- Jalin Turner vs. Brad Riddell – Lightweight Bout
- Sean O’Malley vs. Pedro Munhoz – Bantamweight Bout
- Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira – Middleweight Bout
- UFC Featherweight Championship Bout: Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Max Holloway
- UFC Middleweight Championship Bout: Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Jared Cannonier
You can find all of the latest UFC and MMA news right here at GiveMeSport.