Mohamed Salah will be a Liverpool player for the foreseeable future.
On Friday afternoon, the Reds officially announced that the team’s talisman had signed a new three-year deal worth around £400,000-a-week.
Contract negotiations between player and club were at a standstill for months, but the latter finally decided to meet the demands of the former.
Salah is now the highest-paid footballer in Liverpool’s history and if any player in the current squad is worthy of that title, it’s the Egyptian King.
Since joining the Reds from AS Roma in the summer of 2017, Salah has been among the best footballers on the planet.
Despite playing as a winger for the most part, the former Chelsea man has won three Premier League Golden Boots.
In terms of goals and assists combined in Europe’s top five leagues, only two players possess a higher total than Salah from the start of the 2017/18 campaign to the present day.
Using Transfermarkt, we’ve worked out the 20 players with the highest number of goal contributions (league only) in that timeframe and you can take a look at our findings below.
The 20 players with the most goals+assists in Europe’s top five leagues since 2017/18
20. Andrej Kramaric (Hoffenheim) – 100 goal contributions | 68 goals & 32 assists
19. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – 102 goal contributions | 44 goals & 58 assists
18. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – 107 goal contributions | 77 goals & 30 assists
17. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) – 108 goal contributions | 69 goals & 39 assists
16. Memphis Depay (Lyon, Barcelona) | 109 goal contributions | 70 goals & 39 assists
15. Duvan Zapata (Sampdoria, Atalanta) | 110 goal contributions | 77 goals & 33 assists
14. Jamie Vardy (Leicester City) | 112 goal contributions | 91 goals & 21 assists
13. Heung-min Son (Tottenham Hotspur) | 118 goal contributions | 75 goals & 43 assists
12. Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo) | 121 goal contributions | 88 goals & 33 assists
11. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) | 122 goal contributions | 78 goals & 44 assists
10. Luis Suarez (Barcelona, Atletico Madrid) | 127 goal contributions | 92 goals & 35 assists
9. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) | 132 goal contributions | 41 goals & 91 assists
8. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) | 137 goal contributions | 105 goals & 32 assists
7. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) | 144 goal contributions | 97 goals & 47 assists
5. Ciro Immobile (Lazio) | 159 goal contributions | 127 goals & 32 assists
4. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) | 167 goal contributions | 118 goals & 49 assists
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) | 168 goal contributions | 118 goals & 50 assists
2. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) | 188 goal contributions | 161 goals & 27 assists
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain) | 207 goal contributions | 131 goals & 76 assists
So, Lewandowski and Messi are the only two players ahead of Salah, the latter being the one player to surpass the 200 mark.
Messi and Salah are the two players in the top 20 to record 50+ goals and 50+ assists in league action since the start of 2017/18 season, which is some achievement.
Yeah, those two are pretty darn good at football…