A new FIFA Ultimate Team mode has been added for FIFA 23 – FUT Moments. Here we have everything you need to know about it.
EA are no strangers to adding new modes to FIFA Ultimate Team. Throughout the Ultimate Team life cycle, EA has added FUT Draft, Division Rivals, FUT Champions and much more. Still, the FIFA 23 Ultimate Team deep dive trailer has revealed that we’re getting an entirely new mode in the form of FUT Moments.
FUT Moments is a new single-player mode played to obtain ‘stars’, a new in-game currency that can be redeemed for packs and other items.
This is massively exciting for all FIFA fans, so let’s dive into things. Here’s everything you need to know about the new game mode in FIFA 23 – FUT Moments.
What is FUT Moments?
FUT Moments, EA’s newest single-player experience, brings a new way to play FIFA Ultimate Team and earn rewards. FUT Moments focuses on fun, short scenarios with a variety of challenges.
In FUT Moments, you’ll earn a new currency type, FUT Stars, which can be exchanged for Items and Packs in the Moments Star Gallery.
How does FUT Moments work?
You will start each Moment by selecting a Story. Each Story will be based on Seasonal Themes, FUT Campaigns, or actual events from football’s past or present.
Some Stories will be time-limited and need to be completed before they expire, while others will be available throughout FUT 23.
Each Story comprises Chapters and themed groups of play that contain the Moments.
You’ll always start with at least one Chapter unlocked in a Story while others may be locked, requiring you to collect a specific amount of FUT Stars from the unlocked Chapters in that Story to be able to unlock it and continue.
Moments are the individual scenarios you will be playing. Here’s how they work:
- Moments have one to three challenges you are required to perform to complete the Moment and earn the associated FUT Stars.
- They all have a starting point in the game, such as a free kick, throw-in, or in the middle of an attacking or defending scenario, which will define how you begin attempting the Challenge.
- Moments have at least one Reward Level, with some having up to a maximum of three, offering one to three FUT Stars, respectively.
- You can start at the lowest Reward Level and work your way up, earning a FUT Star for each Reward Level you complete, or you can try your hand at the highest Reward Level to make all unearned FUT Stars for that Moment in one go.
- Different Reward Levels can change elements such as the Squad Requirements, time to complete, or CPU AI Difficulty as you increase/decrease the Reward Level.
- You’ll have to complete all Challenges within the completion time, or you’ll have to try again.
- You can replay an unlocked Moment at any time. However, you can only earn the associated FUT Stars once from any Reward Level.
- Completing all Moments and all Reward Levels in a Chapter will provide you with a bonus
FUT Stars and Rewards
Progressing in FUT Moments earns you FUT Stars, a new currency that can be exchanged in the Moments Star Galley for Rewards. FUT Stars do not expire; you can use them across Seasons in FUT 23.
There are two ways to earn FUT Stars:
- Completing Moments
- Completing all Moments and their associated Reward Levels within a Chapter will earn the Group Reward, a bonus number of FUT Stars.
At the end of every Moment, you’ll see which Challenges you have completed and, if you were successful, how many FUT Stars you earned.
FUT Star Gallery
Once you’ve completed several Moments and have some FUT Stars, you should head to the FUT Star Gallery. Here you’ll find a variety of Rewards available year-round, as well as some rewards only available for a limited time.
Some Moments may require that you use specific players, like Kylian Mbappé, to participate in a Moment. From time to time, EA will offer these players as Loans in the FUT Star Gallery for zero FUT Stars to help you meet the Squad Requirements.
You can find all of the latest Gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.