Tottenham: £16m star will have 'head turned' at Hotspur Way

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte demanding more from his side

Tottenham defender Japhet Tanganga will have his head turned by Paolo Maldini, according to transfer insider Dean Jones.

Tanganga is wanted by AC Milan and Jones reckons the legendary defender and club technical director could persuade the 23-year-old to make the move to San Siro.

What’s the latest news involving Tanganga?

Having slipped down the pecking order under Antonio Conte, a summer exit in some capacity always looked a possibility ahead of the off-season transfer window for the versatile defender.

GiveMeSport Transfer Update With Dean Jones
GiveMeSport Transfer Update With Dean Jones

Earlier this month, Sky Sports reported that ‘positive talks’ had taken place over a loan move to Serie A.

Dharmesh Sheth has since claimed that further discussions are expected to take place, although Tottenham are now keen on getting Tanganga off the books permanently.

1 of 15
Tottenham Hotspur

What year was the club founded?

Regardless, the Sky reporter states that Tanganga, who has made just 22 league starts since breaking into the team in January 2020, is keen on making the move, which should increase his chances of getting more regular game-time.

What did Jones say about Maldini?

Jones expects Tanganga, valued at £16m, will remain on AC Milan’s radar in the weeks ahead and believes Maldini’s role in the deal could prove a deciding factor in convincing him to join.

He told GIVEMESPORT: “There’s a strong chance they keep pushing for Tanganga. I’m told that Maldini is really important with this one, so he’s going to have his head turned with that.”

Who else could leave Tottenham?

Steven Bergwijn has already secured his return to Holland with Ajax, while Joe Rodon had his loan move to Rennes confirmed on Monday.

Despite their respective departures, Spurs still have more outgoings to complete before the window slams shut on 1 September.

Along with Tanganga, the hierarchy in north London will still be hoping to offload several more players in the weeks ahead.

For starters, the four players that were left out of the recent tour of South Korea, Sergio Reguilon, Harry Winks, Giovani Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele, are all expected to leave, with The Athletic stating that Antonio Conte is only keen on working with players who are part of his plans.

Meanwhile, one of Matt Doherty or Emerson Royal could also be sold, with Djed Spence’s arrival increasing Spurs’ number of right wing-backs to three.

News Now - Sport News