And now the UFC president has explained his side of the story after the latest episode of the eponymous ‘Dana White’s Contender Series’.
White, 52, handed out three new contracts to three lucky winners on Tuesday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
New recruits Jamal Pogues, Erik Silva and Clayton Carpenter are all en route to the octagon after wins in each of their respective fights.
While three-time NCAA Division I champion Bo Nickal also received a development deal after submitting Zachary Borrego in just 62 seconds in his second professional appearance.
Nickal made it two wins from two with an impressive victory in Sin City.
Speaking to The Mac Life after the fights, the American businessman gave his version of events.
When White was asked why he decided to change his mind he said: “So we did a deal or were about to do a deal or on the verge of a deal with Hulu to promote this unauthorised biography of Mike Tyson or whatever it is.
“And Craig Borsari, my head of production, came to me and said ‘I’m hearing that Tyson isn’t happy about this thing.
“So I called Mike and I said, we’re in a deal with these guys, we have a verbal to do this deal with them.
“He said, ‘Dana, they’re f***ing me.’ I said, ‘I’m out then. I’ll squash this deal’.
“So I killed the deal and I told him that it was over and that I killed it and that we won’t be promoting that show for Hulu and then he did what he did.”
Tyson himself has previously gone on record stating that he has nothing to do with the ‘unauthorised’ biography about his life.
In a statement he said: “Hulu’s announcement to do an unauthorised mini-series of the Tyson story without compensation, although unfortunate, isn’t surprising.
“This announcement on the heels of social disparities in our country is a prime example of how Hulu’s corporate greed led to this tone-deaf cultural misappropriation of the Tyson life story.”