Players will be able to to do this through the Jordan Challenge, which will be featured in the soon-to-be launched NBA 2K23. Of course we were expecting a Jordan challenge because he is the cover star, we guess we didn’t really know what to expect? Now we do.
Players will get to, virtually, experience Michael Jordan’s history from his early years as a collegiate phenom through his game-winning jumper in the 1998 NBA Finals.
This exciting news is unpacked below, so scroll down if you’d like to know more about it, well you didn’t come this far to exit now did you?
NBA 2K23: The Jordan Challenge
Just a little bit of background about the The Jordan Challenge, it debuted in NBA 2K11, and it was a revolutionary sports game mode that gave NBA fan an opportunity to relive their best and most treasured moments from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career.
Since it has been more than ten years, 2K says they believe that, NBA 2K23 on both new gen and current gen, is the ideal opportunity to recapture Jordan’s rise from collegiate star to NBA icon. The Jordan Challenge has 15 unique game experiences!
“The Jordan Challenge is an immersive experience unlike anything NBA 2K fans have seen, completely rebuilding the challenges from 2K11 and adding five new moments,” said Erick Boenisch, VP of NBA Development at Visual Concepts. “Our team took everything into consideration when constructing this game mode; the arenas, the players, the uniforms, the broadcast, and the play style of the era have been accounted for in an effort to give fans a truly authentic and unique playable Jordan experience.”
According to the Courtside Report and 2K the Jordan Challenge introduces iconic NBA moments and in-game innovations, including:
- Experience a breathtaking recreation of a bygone era, from the 1982 NCAA National Championship to the 1998 NBA Finals. Each challenge features a pre-game interview with a luminary who was a part of what made every game special;
- A complete presentational package including an intricately designed video filter system that recreates the television experience of these games as they were originally broadcast during the 1980s and 1990s, showcasing the look, feel and sound that take players back to the original game;
- Key gameplay changes to fit the era, such as a heavier focus on the post and mid-range game and reworking the transition game for the 1980s feel, including tighter transition lanes and more players cutting to the basket with a numbers advantage, as opposed to the spotting up for three you see in today’s NBA;
- More physicality modeled on the floor and in the paint, along with new signature style upgrades for classic greats like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, featuring all-new jump shot, layup and dunk packages;
- Hand-checking and hard-hitting body-ups for a different feel to the one-on-one battles with accurately represented regulations that mirror the 1990s basketball era, like the Detroit Pistons “Bad Boys” with their famous “Jordan Rules” and more.
Did we mention that there is a trailer too? Check it out, we are pretty sure that you’ll be jetting off to buy the game, if you haven’t done so yet, or you’ll be flooding 2K’s inbox because you want the challenges ASAP.
Keep up to date with all of the latest Gaming News right here at GiveMeSport.