There’s a potential that the winner of the bout will be going on to face division Champion Aljamain Sterling later this year, and the 135-pound title holder has now given his prediction for the San Diego headliner.
Here is what Aljamain Sterling had to say with regards to the UFC San Diego 2022 main event between Marlon Vera and Dominick Cruz.
Aljamain Sterling on Vera vs Cruz
He said: “I’m not saying Cruz is definitely for sure going to win. It’s going to be a close fight. But I think Cruz is going to edge him out in each one of the rounds.
“I don’t think he’s going to be there to get clipped, because if he does get clipped, I think his chin is very suspect – and we saw that with the Pedro Munhoz fight when he got dropped early with those two shots. And mind you, Pedro hits hard.
“I’ve been hit by Pedro – he hits hard. So I think if Cruz gets hit by ‘Chito’ the same way he was able to hit (Rob) Font, if he can connect the way he connected like that, I think ‘Chito’s’ going to get the finish. I think it’s more for him to get the finish vs. Cruz to win by a decision. I would hedge it that way.”
Read More: UFC San Diego 2022 Live Stream: How to watch
UFC San Diego 2022 Scheduled Fight Card
For context, here is the full fight card for UFC San Diego 2022:
- Youssef Zalal (135.5) vs Da’Mon Blackshear (134) – Bantamweight Bout
- Jason Witt (179.5) vs Josh Quinlan (175) – Catchweight (180-lbs) Bout
- Ode Osbourne (125) vs Tyson Nam (126) – Flyweight Bout
- Gabriel Benitez (155) vs Charlie Ontiveros (155) – Lightweight Bout
- Cynthia Calvillo (125.5) vs Nina Nunes (125.5) – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Martin Buday (266) vs Lukasz Brzeski (236.5) – Heavyweight Bout
- Angela Hill (119.5) vs Loopy Godinez (119) – Women’s Catchweight (120-lbs) Bout
- Bruno Silva (186) vs Gerald Meerschaert (185) – Middleweight Bout
- Priscila Cachoeira (135) vs Ariane Lipski (135.5) – Women’s Bantamweight Bout
- Devin Clark (205) vs Azamat Murzakanov (204) – Light Heavyweight Bout
- Yazmin Jauregui (114.5) vs Iasmin Lucindo (116) – Women’s Strawweight Bout
- Nate Landwehr (145.5) vs David Onama (145) – Featherweight Bout
- Marlon Vera (135.5) vs Dominick Cruz (135) – Main Event Bantamweight Bout
You can find all of the latest UFC News and MMA news right here at GiveMeSport.