The 21.40 patch for Fortnite is expected to make some exciting updates to the battle royale game.
There is always massive hype around Fortnite’s updates because Epic Games always adds insane updates to keep the gaming community on their toes.
The outgoing update, 21.30, was nothing short of amazing, this was also because of the hype built around it, and we’re guessing the Epic Games team wanted to go out with a bang since they were going on a break.
With update 21.40 almost here, below we have shared everything we know about the update so far.
When is Fortnite’s update 21.40 coming?
Fortnite’s update 21.40 is live as of today, 16th August 2022.
FN_Assist also leaked something on Twitter, stating that update 21.40 is in progress.
With every Fortnite update, there is a server downtime, this is when players are unable to play the game, and it is usually up to four hours, if there is new information on this, we will keep you updated.
This next update is expected to come with exciting skins, including the Dragon Ball Z collab. We are pretty sure that the crossover will come with update 21.40 because of this teaser we saw last week from FortniteGame.
Update 21.40 leaks/updates
Fortnite fans have relied on these leaks surrounding this crossover, we’re still unsure what to expect from this event. We know that there will be some skins and challenges, as previously shared by prominent leakers, but we’ll know everything when update 21.40 goes live.
After Epic Games’ long break we are guessing they will come back with more exciting updates. Just recently, Icon Radio has been playing 53 minutes of Eminem’s songs, according to a leak by HYPEX, which may hint at another exciting collab, but will it be part of 21.40? We’ll find out soon!
Fortnite update 21.40 patch notes
The v21.40 update brings the new Level Loader device, the Primitive Alphabet Gallery, plus new pieces in the Deserted Fortress Galleries.
Using the Level Loader device, you can place levels that you’ve created and saved with the Level Instance device. You can place the Level Loader device off-grid, rotate it to any angle, and even place it on top of another Level Loader device! This gives you more flexibility when you place your levels on an island. Have you built something you want to reuse in several places, with Grid Snap off? You can do that with the Level Loader! You can even hide or show any Level Loader device and its contents dynamically, based on player actions (like pressing a button) or signals from other devices.
NO SWEAT SUMMER GALLERY
In case you missed it, the No Sweat Summer Gallery was recently added to Creative! With this Gallery you can add the Ice Cream Truck prop and Ice Cream Consumable pickup items to your islands.
PRIMAL BONEY BURBS PREFABS AND GALLERIES
Boney Burbs content was also recently added, bringing five new Prefabs and and three new Galleries.
- Boney Burbs Prefabs
- Boney Burbs Shop
- Boney Burbs Highrise
- Boney Burbs Town Hall
- Boney Burbs Gas Station
- Boney Burbs Clock Tower
- Boney Burbs Galleries
- Boney Burbs Floor & Stair Gallery
- Boney Burbs Wall Gallery
- Boney Burbs Prop Gallery
PRIMITIVE ALPHABET GALLERY: LETTERS AND NUMBERS
The v21.40 patch introduces a new Primitive Gallery that contains letters and numbers. All the letters and numbers can use the same colors and textures as any of the other Primitive Galleries.
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Primitive Alphabet Gallery
- Additions to the Deserted Fortress Galleries:
- Added four curved brick props to the Deserted Fortress Prop Gallery.
- Added five curved walls and three curved balcony trims to the Deserted Fortress Wall Gallery.
- Added the curved floor and curved staircase to the Deserted Fortress Floor and Stair Gallery.
- The Skydome‘s default settings now more closely resemble 12 pm time in My Island settings.
- The Skydome has a new Post Process option that allows visual tweaks to enhance certain looks. The values are:
- Day (default)
- Classic (original style)
- The Prop Mover now works with more devices! Here are the additional devices you can use with the Prop Mover device:
- Capture Item Spawner
- Consumables Gallery
- Customizable Light
- Damage Amplifier Powerup
- Damage Volume
- Grind Powerup
- Health Powerup
- Map Indicator
- Player Reference
- Race Checkpoint
- Real Time Clock
ISLAND TEMPLATE UPDATES
- New: Create a Parkour Elimination Race island template
- New: Design a Prop Hunt Game island template
PHONE TOOL FIXES
- The placement area of the object is now displayed immediately after switching objects using the Quick Bar.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- The “Block 2.0” search tag has been removed from the Tilted Towers galleries.
- Fixed a low draw distance issue with the flotation walls from objects in the No Sweat Summer Gallery.
- Fixed a bullet collision issue with one of the trim assets from the Deserted Fortress Wall Gallery.
- Fixed a phone selection issue with some fence assets from the Durrr Burger Gallery.
- Fixed an issue in Racetrack Gallery H involving icons that were hard to see.
- Fences in Durrr Burger Gallery can now be destroyed.
- Fixed textures in the Cuddle Tree Prop gallery.
- Fixed an issue where disabled Military Lights were re-enabled when they were copy-pasted.
- The Prop Mover device can now interact properly with the Hover Platform when there is an asset on the platform.
- Removed the Customize prompt on the Teleporter device during the Pregame phase.
- The Prop Manipulator device no longer forces players through objects.
- After placing multiple stacks inside a Supply Drop Spawner device, a player receives the same amount of ammo/resources stored prior to the mini-game.
- Fixed the description for the Player Counter device.
- Player Counter includes spectators when the Include Spectators option is set to Yes.
- Fixed the Tame When Receiving From option on the Wildlife Spawner device.
- The player is now able to eliminate the Sentry device after resetting its team.
- The Advance when Receiving From and Reverse when Receiving From options are now available in the Prop Mover device.
- Players being shot from a cannon through a Water device are now immediately slowed down as they pass through the water.
- Fixed an issue where button settings were resetting.
- Fixed an issue where crashes were occurring when players joined in-progress Creative games.
- Addressed an issue where the Billboard device’s text had collision.
- The Class Designer now properly overrides My Island Settings when the Starting Health option is set to Invincible.
- Fixed a visibility and collision issue on the Billboard border when the device is disabled.
- The Sentry now despawns properly when the device is disabled during gameplay.
- The Support-A-Creator device’s grid placement widget is no longer misaligned.
- Sprinting Energy is no longer infinite.
- Players are able to manually start and end the game when loading into private matchmaking.
- The player is no longer eliminated when entering a vehicle while emoting.
- Interaction prompts no longer get stuck on screen.
- Playstation 5 players can assign items to the Creative Quick Bar by using L2 + any directional or face button.
FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE V21.40 UPDATE: FORTNITE X DRAGON BALL + LAZY LAGOON COMES BACK WITH PIRATE CANNONS
Power up in Fortnite Battle Royale v21.40 with Fortnite x Dragon Ball, the return of Lazy Lagoon and Pirate Cannons, and a renovated Tilted Towers! Read below for more details:
FORTNITE X DRAGON BALL: YOUR POWER IN UNLEASHED!
Goku powers up Fortnite x Dragon Ball in v21.40! Check out our Fortnite x Dragon Ball blog post for what’s in this collaboration, including:
- “Power Unleashed!” Quests for raising your Power Level. Raise your Power Level to unlock rewards like the Dragon Radar Back Bling, Emotes, Sprays, and Battle Pass Levels!
- Versus Boards that pit you and a rival player against one other to see who’s the Island’s strongest.
- The Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) items falling from the sky in deliveries invented by Capsule Corp.
- The Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival in Discover: board a cruise ship to chill out and watch select Dragon Ball Super episodes.
- Go on a Dragon Ball collecting adventure in the Dragon Ball Adventure Island.
- Harness your power and unleash it in the Tournament of Power on August 18. Compete in this Battle Royale Duos tournament for a chance to earn the Angry Vegeta Emoticon, Goku’s Kanji Banner Icon, and Beerus Eating Spray!
- Son Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus in the Item Shop.
AVAST AT LAST: LAUNCH YOURSELF AT LAZY LAGOON
The Reality Tree has transformed The Daily Bugle into Lazy Lagoon! Show off your sea legs in this remix of a classic POI.
Lazy Lagoon’s return also means the return of Pirate Cannons, so gather a crew of two or heave ho solo. If you have all hands on deck (you and a teammate), one player can steer this swashbuckling vehicle while the other player braces in the barrel. The player in the barrel can control the barrel’s direction then launch themselves at any time. Aim where you see a faraway coffer or safety from a pillage.
What if you’re buccaneering by yourself? If you’re steering the Pirate Cannon, you can launch an endless amount of cannonballs (with a cooldown between each shot). Alternatively, you can enter the barrel and launch yourself farrr (sorry).
TILTED REFITTED: THE BLOCK 2.0 RESULTS
Thanks to all who helped rebuild Tilted Towers during No Sweat Summer! With the three voting windows complete, the previously destroyed sites have been occupied by the following construction projects:
- “The Restaurant” – The Block 2.0 Ben’s Restaurant, by Benmac
- “The Apartments” – The Block 2.0 Template Apartments, by Charlee-brown
- “The Shops” – The Block 2.0 – The M Building, by 0ricent
Congratulations to the above three winners of The Block 2.0 voting and everyone who submitted entries to help rebuild Tilted Towers!
90 FPS ON COMPATIBLE ANDROID DEVICES
Some Android devices now have access to running Fortnite at 90 FPS. If your device is compatible, you will find this option available in the settings within the Video tab (the default tab when opening the settings). If your device does not have this option available, this means it does not meet the technical requirements.
Please note that toggling this option on may drain the power of your device and/or increase the heat output. When this happens, the FPS will be reduced.
Players whose device previously had 90 FPS available will find the option has been re-enabled on their device.
- The Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) items are not in competitive playlists, with the exception of the Tournament of Power.
- Pirate Cannons are not included in competitive playlists.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue in which Chest loot at certain locations would come out several meters away or not at all.
- Fixed an issue in which players would sometimes lose an inventory slot when picking up a Chug Cannon.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes kick players out of Edit Mode.
- Fixed an issue involving players being unable to switch devices for voice chat when not in a match.
Keep up to date with all of the latest Gaming News right here at GiveMeSport.