David Moyes has overseen a busy few months at the London Stadium but there could still be new arrivals and more departures before the September 1 deadline.
What is the latest on departures at West Ham?
This summer has seen five players moved on by the Hammers with Andriy Yarmelenko and Ryan Fredericks leaving on free transfers.
Meanwhile, Nikola Vlasic and Arthur Masuaku have been sent out on loan for the campaign with Issa Diop sold to Fulham.
Moyes recently revealed why the trio had been moved on this summer, telling a press conference: “It was important Arthur left, we wanted to get him more playing time, the same with Vlasic, we couldn’t guarantee to find a position. Issa felt he was not going to be involved as much so it was best for him as well.”
With Mark Noble also retiring, it has been a summer of significant change in east London, something that has shown on the pitch too, with the Hammers losing their opening two Premier League games to Manchester City and Nottingham Forest.
What has Jones said about this summer’s exits?
Jones understands that departures from West Ham this summer are the result of a change of mentality at the club.
The transfer insider says the Hammers no longer want to entertain the possibility of keeping players who are unhappy or frustrated with their position.
When asked about frustrations among fringe players, Jones told GIVEMESPORT: “To be honest, there have been a few players feeling this way at West Ham over the summer, Issa Diop was one of them. West Ham are just happy to get players like that out the door. They don’t want to have a mentality anymore where they’ve got players hanging around that don’t actually want to be there. So they feel that it’s better for the whole environment if they can just get them out of the club.”
Will there be more business at West Ham this summer?
So there could be players to arrive as well as to leave. Ahead of their 1-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest, Moyes told his pre-match press conference: “We don’t want to fill places for the sake of doing so. We are trying really hard, we have made lots of offers. If I was going to give an update.”
It seems likely that there will definitely be more names through the doors of the London Stadium. Whether any more will depart remains to be seen.