Aldo is set to take on Merab Dvalishvili in a Bantamweight division fight. The Brazilian MMA legend is currently ranked #3 in the 135-pound division, with his opponent, currently ranked #6 in the division, wanting to make a big dent in the top 5.
This should be a firefight, with the 31-year-old Dvalishvili wanting to make a massive statement of intent against the legend four years his senior.
Here is everything you need to know about the UK start time for Jose Aldo’s fight at UFC 278 on Saturday, August 20th 2022 from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Jose Aldo Fight Time
Aldo will be competing on the Main Card of the UFC 278, with his bout against Dvalishvili currently scheduled to be right in the middle of the main card.
As confirmed by the official UFC website, the Main Card of UFC 278 is currently scheduled to be starting at 3 AM BST on Sunday, August 21st 2022.
With that in mind, we’re expecting Aldo to be making his way to the octagon between 4 AM BST and 5 AM BST on Sunday, August 21st 2022.
It’s worth noting that this is an estimate, as it all depends on how long the Early Prelims and Prelims fights actually go on the night itself.
Jose Aldo vs Merab Dvalishvili – UFC 278
For context, here is the full lineup for UFC 278 as confirmed by the official UFC website on Thursday, August 18th 2022:
- Daniel Da Silva vs Victor Altamirano – Flyweight Bout
- Aoriqileng vs Jay Perrin – Bantamweight Bout
- Amir Albazi vs Francisco Figueiredo – Flyweight Bout
- AJ Fletcher vs Ange Loosa – Welterweight Bout
- Miranda Maverick vs Shanna Young – Women’s Flyweight Bout
- Sean Woodson vs Luis Saldana – Featherweight Bout
- Wu Yanan vs Lucie Pudilova – Women’s Bantamweight Bout
- Leonardo Santos vs Jared Gordon – Lightweight Bout
- Tyson Pedro vs Harry Hunsucker – Light Heavyweight Bout
- Marcin Tybura vs Alexandr Romanov – Heavyweight Bout
- Jose Aldo vs Merab Dvalishvili – Bantamweight Bout
- Paulo Costa vs Luke Rockhold – Middleweight Bout
- Kamaru Usman (c) vs Leon Edwards – Main Event UFC Welterweight Championship Bout
You can find all of the latest UFC news and MMA news right here at GiveMeSport