Chelsea: £12m deal now ‘all set up’ at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel watches on

Chelsea’s transfer of Inter Milan midfielder Cesare Casadei is ‘all set up’ and, barring any last-minute hiccups, should be completed soon, according to transfer insider Dean Jones.

Thomas Tuchel has overseen a solid start to the Premier League season at Stamford Bridge, having beaten Everton and drawn with Tottenham, but the German is still eager to strengthen ahead of the September 1 deadline.

What is the latest on Casadei?

Sky Sports have reported that an agreement has been reached with Inter for the £12.6 million transfer of the 19-year-old, with an extra £4.2 million available as add-ons.

The outlet states that the midfielder is expected to travel to England this week ahead of a medical on Thursday in west London before signing on the dotted line.

While Casadei may be highly rated by some, he is still yet to make a senior appearance for the Nerazzurri but has scored 25 goals in 66 appearances for the club’s under-19 side.

If the deal is completed, he will become the club’s sixth signing of the summer, following the likes of Marc Cucurella, Raheem Sterling and Kalidou Koulibaly into Stamford Bridge.

What has Jones said on the deal?

Jones understands that, barring any last-minute problems, the move is all set to be completed.

The transfer insider says that the Blues were eager to get the deal over the line in order to keep bringing through bright young talent.

Jones told GIVEMESPORT: “I’m told the deal is all set up now. Chelsea are just hoping that there are no last-minute hiccups. It is a very interesting signing. There are some experts in Italy who feel like Chelsea are overpaying here. This is a guy that really hasn’t got that much experience. But we know that Chelsea are looking to bring through emerging talent right now and they’re willing to pay for it.”

1 of 15
Drogba with Chelsea

Where did Chelsea legend Didier Drogba start his career?

What could this deal mean for Conor Gallagher?

Following a successful loan spell with Crystal Palace, that saw him score eight goals and provide five assists, Gallagher will have no doubt hoped to be in contention for game time at his parent club this season.

But so far, he has been limited to cameo roles against both Everton and Tottenham, with interest in him mounting once again.

Newcastle are understood to have made the 22-year-old their number one target for the remainder of the summer while Palace are eager to tempt him back to Selhurst Park for another term.

With the likes of N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic and Ruben Loftus-Cheek also competing for just two positions in the starting XI, Gallagher may not be thrilled to see another central midfielder added to the mix.

News Now - Sport News