Battlefield 2042 Update 2.1 is out now! Here we have the official release date, the patch notes and everything else you need to know about it.
Since its initial release on the 12th of November 2022, Battlefield 2042 has come under much scrutiny. Its release showcased what many thought was an ‘unfinished game’ that was riddled with bugs and had a variety of different issues – with one of the largest being that of its problematic servers.
This is why it was vital for EA to intervene and provide regular updates in order to fix all of these issues, which to their credit, they’ve done and the game appears to now be back on the right track.
The next update that’s hit our screens is that of 2.1, so let’s not waste any more time and we’ll show you everything that’s involved in this.
Battlefield 2042 Update 2.1 Release Date
The Battlefield 2042 Update 2.1 is out now! It was officially released on all platforms on the 13th of September 2022.
Battlefield 2042 Update 2.1 Patch Notes
The following changes were made in the 2.1 update. They were taken from EA’s official Answer HQ.
- The Avancys and AM40 no longer display visible weapon shake when firing after switching from a secondary weapon
- Resolved instances where red containers could glitch inside the ship on Stranded
- Resolved an issue where the “Interact” button would sometimes trigger repeatedly. This could for example cause you to enter a vehicle again directly after exiting
- The EMG-X Scanner VFX now matches the maximum range of this ability (25m)
- The Location Revealed notification for the spotted target now remains on screen for 0.3s
Alongside a small number of bug fixes, EA have also corrected the visual effects (VFX) of Paik’s EMG-X Scanner for which they Hotfixed the range and duration on September 1.
As a result, the Scanner’s VFX no longer extends beyond its effective range. They have also decreased the uptime of the Location Revealed notification for Scanned targets as this notification was intrusive during gameplay.
It’s good to see EA are really putting in the effort to try and rectify the game’s issues. Hopefully, we see more of the problems associated with Battlefield 2042 fixed in due time.
You can find all of the latest Esports and Gaming News right here at GiveMeSport.