Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most anticipated games of the year and it’s nearly upon us!
Infinity Ward’s behemoth is set to release on October 28th but first, we have the beta.
It has been confirmed that there will be two facets to the open beta, with the first being exclusive to PlayStation and the second being a multi-console open beta.
Modern Warfare 2 is the direct sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare, which was a huge hit both critically and commercially, so excitement is through the roof for the second instalment.
And we have now been given a clear look at the rewards that players can receive for playing the open beta.
As per Call of Duty’s official Twitter account, we have been given the roadmap of content that is unlockable in the beta.
Call of Duty Beta Rewards Revealed
There will be rewards across both weekends.
Overall, you’ll need to reach Level 30 within the beta to unlock everything.
Your progression from the beta will not carry over to the full game but the unlocks will be available to use and display when Modern Warfare 2 launches.
Here’s a look at the rewards available for both weekends of the open beta.
- Animated Emblem “Smashed It” – Unlocked: Level 2
- Charm “Buckle Up” – Unlocked: Level 4
- Animated Player Card “Passed The Test” – Unlocked: Level 6
- Sticker “Operation First Blood” – Unlocked: Level 10
- Weapon Blueprint “Side Impact” – Unlocked: Level 15
Weekend 2 (All Weekend 1 Rewards are still available).
- Operator Skin “Collision” – Unlocked: Level 18
- Vinyl “No Competition” – Unlocked: Level 19
- Sticker “Safety First” – Unlocked: Level 21
- Vehicle Skin “Floor It” – Unlocked: Level 26
- Weapon Blueprint “Frontal Impact” – Unlocked: Level 30
It’s a great suite of rewards for players of all levels, and allows players to unlock cosmetic items that are going to show off just how they progressed through the open beta when the full game launches.
Pre-loads are also available for the open beta, meaning players can download the beta prior to the test going live for players, although that is only available for those who have pre-ordered the game.
The pre-loads for PS4 and PS5 start on Wednesday, September 14th at 6 pm, as per GamesRadar.
Keep it tuned to GiveMeSport for all the latest gaming news!