A study by the online gaming experts I’m-a-Puzzle has analysed global Google searches to discover which game has the most hype behind them.
It should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that’s familiar with gaming news that GTA 6 is at the top of the list.
Rockstar’s long-awaited new entry to the GTA franchise is now in active development, they have confirmed, and fans are champing at the bit to get the chance to dive into the gsame.
GTA 5, of course, came out in 2013 and has now been released on three separate console generations so excitement is at an all time high for the new release.
We’ve got the full list of games below, including their global monthly searches on Google.
Top 10 most hyped games
While GTA 6 is at the top of the list, there are also inclusions for the likes of Hogwarts Legacy, MW2 and Baldur’s Gate 3.
Here’s the full list.
- GTA 6 – Global monthly searches: 3,014,790
- Hogwarts Legacy – Global monthly searches: 1,641,470
- God of War Ragnarok – Global monthly searches: 1,298,120
- Overwatch 2 – Global monthly searches: 1,051,850
- Starfield – Global monthly searches: 690,490
- Modern Warfare 2 – Global monthly searches: 627,980
- Gotham Knights – Global monthly searches: 570,620
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Global monthly searches: 553,690
- Breath of the Wild 2 – Global monthly searches: 546,890
- Diablo 4 – Global monthly searches: 519,040
There are some surprising titles in here but the top five makes complete sense.
As we’ve said, GTA 6 is a gaming behemoth and is approaching a near mythical level for fans.
Hogwarts Legacy is also going to be a hugely popular release when it finally hits storefronts next year, in February, and God of War Ragnarok is the long-awaited PlayStation exclusive sequel to the hit PS4 game that charted the journey of Kratos and his son.
Gotham Knights is a huge upcoming title set in the Batman universe, while Breath of the Wild 2 is the sequel to the popular Zelda title.
Keep it tuned to GiveMeSport for all the latest gaming news!