Tyson Fury: Rumour killer on reports of major recent WWE botch

WWE brought back Tyson Fury for Clash at the Castle

Tyson Fury’s segment with Drew McIntyre at WWE Clash at the Castle was always supposed to air, despite reports suggesting it wasn’t.

At Clash at the Castle on September 3, Roman Reigns successfully defended his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship in the show’s main event against Drew McIntyre.

After the match ended, Fury got into the ring to shake Roman’s hand. He also did the same with Drew, before inviting the ex-WWE Champion to sing with him to send the crowd home happy.

What happened between Tyson Fury and Drew McIntyre?

The post-match segment wasn’t received well by fans, with many feeling as if it made Drew look as if he didn’t care about just losing one of the biggest matches of his career.

However, a wrinkle was added to the story when former WWE Writer Freddie Prinze Jr. noted that, according to people he’d spoken to, the segment wasn’t supposed to air for fans watching at home.

The explained that he’d been told that the segment was supposed to just be for the fans in attendance at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, but the cameras didn’t cut away quick enough, via WrestleTalk.

The end of the match was weird because they forgot to say cut, I know this for a fact. I asked a couple of people. They left the feed running and all of a sudden Drew McIntyre was feeling good, Tyson Fury came out to the ring, and they sang ‘Sweet Caroline’ after a loss. It was so weird.

However, a new report has emerged that claims that we were supposed to see the interaction between McIntyre and Fury in Cardiff.

The latest on what WWE had planned for Drew McIntyre

So, Fightful Select is now reporting that despite what has been reported by other sources, Drew’s bizarre interaction with Fury was supposed to air on the Premium Live Event on Peacock and the WWE Network.

There were reports that emerged that WWE had meant to cut away from the post-match appearance of Tyson Fury at Clash at the Castle, where he and Drew McIntyre sang “American Pie.” We’ve been told by sources close to production that is false, and that was always planned.

Many fans were willing to give Triple H a pass for this segment, believing that it was merely a production error, but the latest report that has emerged suggests that he planned for it to happen as we saw it.

Drew is set to continue his feud with Roman Reigns and The Bloodline on SmackDown now, as we saw during last week’s show, but the Scotsman will still have to contend with fellow former NXT star Karrion Kross.

News Now - Sport News