The FIFA 23 Web App is almost upon us! Here’s how to set up a verification code & how to enable the App Authenticator so you can gain access as quickly as possible.
The Web App is set to be released to FIFA fans at exactly 6:00 PM BST on the 21st of September 2022. Fans have been itching for a good while to open up their starter packs, complete SBCs and really get the ball rolling for their FIFA 23 Ultimate Team.
Because of this, fans will want to access the app immediately, but there are some security steps EA have put in place before you can gain access to your new club.
The security measure that EA have put in place is the need for verification of the account. This security measure, which replaced the security question in FIFA 19, helps prevent logging into your EA Account from unrecognized devices without your password and verification method.
It is a good thing that EA do this, as it prevents hackers from gaining access to your accounts stacked with all your personal information and not to mention your precious players and coins.
So how do you set up the verification methods? How do you also enable the App Authenticator? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
How to turn on login verification for the FIFA 23 Web App
The first thing to note is that you need to set up this if you are wanting to gain access to both the FIFA 23 Web App and the FIFA 23 Companion App.
You also need to set this up when you’re trying to change your account info or when you are trying to access your account from a new or unrecognized device.
The method in order to set up a verification code is as follows:
- Head to this portal and log in with your details.
- Go to your EA Account security settings page.
- Under Login Verification, make sure this is turned on.
- Select how you want to get your codes – which are by email, text, call or through the app authenticator.
- A code will be sent via the method you choose right away. Use that code to activate Login Verification.
How to enable the App Authenticator for FIFA 23 Web App
The App Authenticator is probably the best option to avoid having trouble with this process ever again. Sometimes via email, phone or text it takes a while to come through – but the App Authenticator is always reliable and instantaneous.
Here’s how you can enable the App Authenticator.
- Pick the ‘App Authenticator’ when you’re setting up Login Verification.
- Choose your device from the drop-down menu.
- Install the Google Authenticator app from whatever store your device provides.
- Open the authenticator app and then select ‘Begin Setup’.
- There are then two choices you’re faced with. You can either choose Scan barcode to scan the QR code from your Settings or you can choose manual entry to type in your EA Account’s email address and the secret key from your settings.
- Enter the code that the authenticator gives you and click ‘Save’.
You can find all of the latest Gaming News right here at GiveMeSport.