Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is perhaps the single most hyped game of the year.
Every single Call of Duty release is greeted with an immense amount of hype and the sequel to 2019’s smash-hit reboot.
The PlayStation exclusive beta came first, last weekend, with the new all-platform beta bringing more and more players to the online version of the game.
As a result, fans are asking how exactly they can unlock the MP5, which is one of the most effective weapons in the game and has been dominating lobbies since the doors were flung open for players.
Here’s how to do it!
How to unlock MP5 in Modern Warfare 2 Beta
Now, the first thing to say is that the MP5 is not technically in the game.
It is referred to as the Lachmann Sub in Modern Warfare 2, so you’ll need to follow a few steps to get the MP5 just right.
Follow these steps:
- Create a new Loadout by navigating to ‘Create a Loadout’ and pressing the + icon.
- Select the Expedite 12 Shotgun.
- Edit your default perks and change it to Deadeye Perk Package.
- That will unlock Overkill – allowing players to have two primary weapons.
- Now, the secondary weapon should change to Lachmann-556 Assault Rifle.
- Level the Lachmann-556 up to Level 20 within the game.
- Once you’ve done that, go back to Create a Loadout and choose the Lachmann Sub as the primary weapon.
It’s that simple!
It will take some time in order to be able to upgrade the Lachmann-556 Assault Rifle to the required level but this is the only current way to get your hands on the MP5.
As a result, you’ll need to be grinding for some time over the coming weekend!
Keep it tuned to GiveMeSport for all the latest gaming news!