France U18s clash abandoned after four red cards in chaotic scenes


Tensions often boil over in football, with an under 18s clash between France and Poland going one better, getting the game abandoned before the final whistle after 20 minutes of madness.

It was during a final as well, with both sides battling it out for the Lafarge tournament which is hosted for national youth teams.

With both teams in the final, the future certainly looks bright for both outfits, however the scenes that brought about a premature end to the clash will taint the reputations of some.

What happened during France vs Poland

During the final over the weekend, the scores were level at 2-2 in Limoges, however, the French charge for the title was halted when Ilyes Housni was giving his marching orders, with Jeanuel Belocian joining him just six minutes later.

Unsurprisingly, the Poles made their two-man advantage count to take the lead 3-2, with the tempers for the French boiling over even more, with Malang Gomis receiving a second yellow card, giving the home nation a further player deficit.

Footballs in French football.
Soccer Football – Ligue 1 – Stade Rennes vs Bordeaux – Roazhon Park, Rennes, France – November 20, 2020 General view of balls before the match REUTERS/Stephane Mahe

The young French side clearly packed it in, with Darnell Bile’s horror tackle making it a certainty another red card was about to be produced.

He two-footed his opponent, who subsequently squared up to him. Ensuring he got an early bath by headbutting the player he floored just before.

Brawl breaks out at between France and Poland

Understandably, the Polish officials and players were fuming with what had just happened, with absolute chaos breaking out on the touchline.

Video: French and Polish players brawl

It’s clearly absolute carnage on the touchline and the referee obviously sent Bile off when he got chance to, with him deciding to call the game off after producing four red cards to one team.

A dramatic match culminated in even more dramatic fashion, with 20 minutes of madness from the French bringing about an early finish for all.

The fact that the French team managed to get four red cards in just 20 minutes shows how much they lost their heads and how quickly they resulted to just kicking out and giving in, trying to hurt their opponents.

Bile’s tackle at the end summed that up perfectly, with no attempt at the ball and damage to his opponent clearly the driving factor behind his decision making to let his frustrations out, in terms of player welfare, the referee made the right call abandoning the match before someone got seriously hurt.  

1 of 40

We’ll start easy…

News Now - Sport News