Manchester City are set to fine record signing Robinho for his training ground walk out in Tenerife last week.
The 25-year-old made an unscheduled departure, flying home to Brazil without telling manager Mark Hughes that he had to attend some "family business".
There have been suggestions the Blues boss will not punish the £32.5million striker, but he said: "I've had a talk with Robinho, I have read some of the things that have been said this morning but nothing could be further from the truth. I have told Robby about the situation and our intention is to fine him."
He added: "But there is a disciplinary procedure that has to be gone through and that is what we are doing at the moment.
"But what I would like to say is that he will be treated no differently to any other member of the squad."
Robinho returned to Manchester from South America at the weekend and trained on Monday.
It is expected he will line up alongside new arrivals Craig Bellamy and Nigel de Jong on Wednesday evening when City entertain Newcastle in the Premier League at Eastlands.
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms