Dillian Whyte Profile
Dillian Whyte is a professional boxer who competes in the Heavyweight division. He is currently the holder of the WBC interim Heavyweight title and is the 14th best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to Boxrec.
Born in Port Antonio, Jamaica on 11th April 1988, the Englishman was a former kickboxer and mixed martial artist before making the move into professional boxing in 2011, finishing with an impressive record of 20-1. He made his debut against Michael Matuszewski at Medway Park in Gillingham, which would be his first of six fight in just over a year, all of which he won either on points or by technical knockout.
However, his career took a major blow after testing positive for a banned stimulant after beating Sandor Balogh in 2012. The UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) organisation believed this warranted a two-year ban. But after Whyte appealed, it was ultimately rejected.
After racking up 15-straight victories and knocking out Brian Minto for the vacant WBC Silver International Heavyweight crown, his first pay-per-view fight came up against bitter rival Anthony Joshua in 2015 where he was knocked out in the seventh round and spent some time away from the ring to recover from a shoulder injury.
In 2016, Whyte would sign with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Sport promotional banner and defeated Ivica Bacurin in the process. He would then go on to have an exciting duology with Dereck Chisora and beat well-respected fighters such as Robert Helenius, Lucas Browne and Joseph Parker.
Most recently, he was knocked out again by Alexander Povetkin and lost his number one contender’s position for the WBC Heavyweight title held by Tyson Fury – but went on to redeem himself in the rematch seven months later in Gibraltar. Away from the ring, Whyte has two sons and one daughter.
28-2-0; 19 wins by KO
Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin
Win by TKO – Europa Point Sports Complex, Gibraltar, 27th March 2021
Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin
Loss by TKO – Matchroom Sport Headquarters, Brentwood, 22nd August 2020
Dillian Whyte vs Mariusz Wach
Win via unanimous decision – Diriyah Arena, Saudi Arabia, 7th December 2019
Dillian Whyte vs Oscar Rivas
Win via unanimous decision – The O2 Arena, London, 20th July 2019
Dillian Whyte vs Dereck Chisora
Win by KO – The O2 Arena, London, 22nd December 2018
Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker
Win via unanimous decision – The O2 Arena, London, 28th July 2018
Dillian Whyte vs Lucas Browne
Win by KO – The O2 Arena, London, 24th March 2018
- Mayweather, Pacquiao, Fury, Joshua, Hatton: 15 richest boxers ranked as AJ rises
- Tyson Fury vs Mike Tyson: Iron Mike's brilliant response to being told he'd lose fight
- UFC’s Paddy Pimblett’s diet: Mike Tyson was not impressed on podcast
- Messi, Ronaldo, McGregor, Mayweather: Forbes’ highest-paid athlete every year from 2012
- Tyson Fury next fight: Gypsy King trolls heavyweight rival in funny training camp footage
- Mike Tyson bite: Mass brawl with police in aftermath of 1997 incident was wild
Latest Dillian Whyte Stories
- Dillian Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn names four potential opponents for his next fight
- Tyson Fury urged to 'chill out' as Anthony Joshua negotiations continue
- Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury: Potential Date, Odds, Battle of Britain and more
- Anthony Joshua next fight: Dillian Whyte rematch is '100 per cent' on the cards
- Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua 2: Dillian Whyte reveals the only way AJ can beat Usyk
- Derek Chisora snubs Fury, Usyk, Haye, Whyte & Klitschko when naming hardest puncher