Alexis Sanchez Profile
After starting his career in his home country of Chile, Alexis Sanchez was signed by Serie A side Udinese, where he started to make a name for himself.
He became the most expensive Chilean footballer of all time in 2011 when Barcelona signed him for a fee of £25 million. The winger starred alongside Lionel Messi and David Villa as he helped Barca win La Liga and Copa del Rey in two seasons.
Following the signing of Neymar, Sanchez parted ways with Barcelona, signing for Premier League side Arsenal in a deal worth £31.7 million. The Chilean immediately established himself as a superstar, scoring 60 goals in just 122 games for the north London club.
Sanchez made the Premier League PFA Team of the Year in the 2014-15 season, the same season Arsenal won the FA Cup. He also scored the opening goal, two years later as Arsenal added another FA Cup trophy to their cabinet.
In January 2018, he completed a transfer to Manchester United, a move that faltered his career, before moving to Inter Milan.
He played a huge part in his country’s only two major trophies, scoring the winning goal in the 2015 Copa America final against Argentina, before receiving Player of the Tournament as Chile defended their title a year later.
Latest Alexis Sanchez Stories
- Messi, Hazard, Lewandowski: Stats show Erling Haaland might be the biggest bargain ever
- Aguero, Suarez, Fernandinho: Who is the greatest South American in Premier League history?
- Ronaldo, Kane, Salah: Players with the best goals-per-game ratio in Premier League since 2000
- Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Zlatan: Top 50 forwards of the 2010s ranked
- Kante, Sanchez, Scholes: The Premier League's ultimate XI of short players
- Liverpool 0-1 Inter: Arsenal Wenger slams Fabinho for his reaction to Alexis' red card