About Alexis Sanchez
After starting his career in his home country of Chile, Alexis Sanchez was signed by Serie A side Udinese, where he started to make a name for himself.
He became the most expensive Chilean footballer of all time in 2011 when Barcelona signed him for a fee of £25 million. The winger starred alongside Lionel Messi and David Villa as he helped Barca win La Liga and Copa del Rey in two seasons.
Following the signing of Neymar, Sanchez parted ways with Barcelona, signing for Premier League side Arsenal in a deal worth £31.7 million. The Chilean immediately established himself as a superstar, scoring 60 goals in just 122 games for the north London club.
Sanchez made the Premier League PFA Team of the Year in the 2014-15 season, the same season Arsenal won the FA Cup. He also scored the opening goal, two years later as Arsenal added another FA Cup trophy to their cabinet.
In January 2018, he completed a transfer to Manchester United, a move that faltered his career, before moving to Inter Milan.
He played a huge part in his country’s only two major trophies, scoring the winning goal in the 2015 Copa America final against Argentina, before receiving Player of the Tournament as Chile defended their title a year later.
- Man Utd 1-2 Sheffield United: Man Utd's defending for winning-goal was awful
- Chelsea 0-0 Wolves: Video shows the difference Thomas Tuchel has already made
- Chelsea vs Wolves: PA system plays 'Another One Bites The Dust' before kick-off
- Sevilla 3-0 Valencia: Julen Lopetegui's side score incredible team goal in Copa del Rey win
- Jack Grealish goes on insane run and nearly scores Puskas award contender in Burnley 3-2 Aston Villa
- Conor McGregor: Khabib Nurmagomedov comparison shows how to deal with leg kicks
- Romelu Lukaku vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Subtitled video emerges of Inter vs AC Milan clash
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic vs Romelu Lukaku: Paul Pogba responds to claims Zlatan is racist
- Keep, sell, loan: Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool squad assessed amidst Premier League struggles
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang explains reason for Arsenal absence in emotional statement