Alfa Romeo Profile
The Alfa Romeo name, made most famous in the 1950s, returned in 2018 to join up with the Sauber team – with the outfit now known as simply Alfa Romeo.
Sauber actually joined the grid in 1993 with Swiss Peter Sauber setting up the team, with them enjoying seasons where they regularly looked to upset the status quo, particularly in the 00s and with BMW power between 2006 and 2009.
Here’s everything you need to know about Alfa Romeo…
First F1 race
1993 (as Sauber)
2018 (as Alfa Romeo)
Kimi Raikkonen (as Sauber)
Latest Alfa Romeo Stories
- Spanish GP Weekend Schedule: When does the race start?
- Alfa Romeo boss Vasseur urges Monaco and co. to follow Zandvoort example
- Valtteri Bottas rues late-race misfortune to miss out on P5 in Miami
- Miami GP: Max Verstappen holds off Charles Leclerc in blistering closing laps to take victory
- Valtteri Bottas aiming for 'top 5 minimum' at Miami GP after stellar qualifying performance
- Miami GP: Charles Leclerc takes P1 as Ferrari seal front row lockout