AlphaTauri has been in the sport since 2020 but that’s just in terms of the name, the Faenza-based team actually started in F1 in the mid-80s.
They started as everyone’s favourite minnows, Minardi, and ran under that guise until the end of 2005 when they were bought by Red Bull to become an effective sister team called Toro Rosso.
In 2008, the team achieved its first-ever victory thanks to Sebastian Vettel’s storming drive at Monza, with many of the team members remaining from the Minardi days.
In 2020 AlphaTauri became the new name for the team and another famous day at Monza that season was achieved as Pierre Gasly took his maiden Grand Prix victory.
Here’s everything you need to know about AlphaTauri…
First F1 race
1985 (as Minardi)
2020 (as AlphaTauri)
Fernando Alonso (as Minardi,) Sebastian Vettel (as Toro Rosso,) Max Verstappen (as Toro Rosso)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores minutes after coming onto the pitch after 4-month absence
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool youngster's classy gesture to fan in hospital after injury vs Leeds
- Harvey Elliott: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was visibly emotional when giving injury update
- Harvey Elliott Injury: Man Utd's Marcus Rashford sends classy to Liverpool star
Latest AlphaTauri Stories
- Formula 1: Perez set for stay alongside Verstappen as Marko reveals Red Bull & AlphaTauri plans
- Formula 1: Pierre Gasly says future is in Red Bull's hands after recent Sergio Perez claims
- British Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton recovers from Max Verstappen shunt to win at Silverstone
- British Grand Prix: Max Verstappen seals win in first ever Sprint event